Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some of the cards have powers that apply to a greyed out world with a hand holding a colored card, and in the bottom right it will use the expression "this world".

I don't understand how this is any different from the powers applying to "specific" worlds.

For example the production power on Rebel Sympathizers as opposed to Galactic Studios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
facesnorth wrote:
Some of the cards have powers that apply to a greyed out world with a hand holding a colored card, and in the bottom right it will use the expression "this world".

I don't understand how this is any different from the powers applying to "specific" worlds.

For example the production power on Rebel Sympathizers as opposed to Galactic Studios.

The difference is that Galactic Studios has a power to produce a good, while Rebel Sympathizers does not. The Galactic Studios icon means "Produce a good, and draw a card if you produced a good" while the Rebel Sympathizer icon merely means "draw a card if you produced a good"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
facesnorth wrote:

The "gray world" being the background of a "hand holding card" icon is there for emphasis. Specifically, Rebel Symp only produces with special powers since it doesn't produce normally being a windfall world.

NOTE that when you first settle Rebel Sympathizer, you do NOT get a card b/c that world technically comes with a good. Plus, the power that lets you draw a card would've been indicated in the "III" power as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies so far. I still don't fully get it and I will have to sit with your answers for a little while and think about them to see if I really understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you used a normal production icon it would imply that a card like Rebel Sympathizers could produce a good on its own, and that's not the case, it's a windfall world, not a production world. So the gray world icon is used to indicate this particular distinction. If you're able to produce a good on this world (either through a produce action bonus or because of another windfall produce bonus from a different card) then you get to draw a card. That's how you interpret that icon in phase V, it tells it apart from regular production worlds when card draw bonuses are involved.

Also refer to the gray world on pirate world. Normally, trade ($) bonuses apply to any good of the specified color (or any color if the bonus is white) it doesn't matter from which world the good comes from when you sell it. The pirate world bonus applies only if the good sold is from pirate world, not any other world.

I hope that helps more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.