* Duel in the Dark: Skilled Gun Crew
* Duel in the Dark: The Walls Have Ears
* Duel in the Dark: 3-5 Player Variant
* Duel in the Dark: British 3.7in QF Anti-Aircraft Gun
* Duel in the Dark: British Searchlight
* Duel in the Dark: Early Nights
* Duel in the Dark: Baby Blitz
* Duel in the Dark: V1-Bunker

I'm thinking of getting the Baby Blitz expansion, but I'm worried you will have to have all the expansions to make it work well. After all, there are a lot of expansions to this game. Which expansions are a must to have if you only have the base game Duel in the Dark?

The one expansion I was tempted to get was the Ju88 Night Fighter one, but then another one came out and then another and another and another... I decided I wasn't going to chase that rabbit and decided to play the game just as it is. But now the Baby Blitz has caught my attention.

Any good advice is appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Biernat
Poland
Dabrowa Gornicza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recieved my baby blitz box few days ago.
And I was suprised to find some of the expansions you listed inside the box.

Baby Blitz contains:

- railroad flak
- acoustic mirror
- quad flak
(total 10 of them)
- british 3,7in AA gun
- british searchlight
- british radar
(total 12 of them)
- window/wilde sau (you didn't list that one)

The other expansions may not work the best with baby blitz, but you can get them for your 'normal' DitD games. My favourite ones are The Walls Have Ears, Ju88 and Skilled Gun Crew. Railroad flaks are badass too, if you deploy too many of them, the game becomes almost too easy for the Reich.
One more thing - I got my small expansions by getting 'DitD Complete Edition' pack, that contains all of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, none of the little expansion is necessary to play Duel in the Dark with Baby Blitz expansion.
Quote:

Because this expansion don't exist. It was planned, but finally Friedemann included it in Baby Blitz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You don't need any of these to play the basic game.

If you want to spice it up a bit, yes, get the complete pack. It contains mostly new ground elements, but there's also a new plane, medals (if you play multiple games in a row) and a 5-player score sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Baby Blitz is good to pick up, as it essentially doubles the depth of Duel In The Dark. You get a lot of the ground elements in Baby Blitz that you would pick up in the individual packs (British AA, British Searchlights, Railroad Flak, Acoustic Mirror, etc).

If I had to choose a few...

Baby Blitz - for a heavier game, and you get a lot of the other expansion pieces
Early Nights - for a lighter game
Ju-88 - for a little German variety
3-5 Player Expansion - when the mates come over
Walls Have Ears - bit of second guessing fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for your time. The information you provided was very helpful.

Here in Thailand games are not as easy to come by but its possible. However, they tend to be a bit expensive and made even more expensive when you consider the average Thai wage.

The time when I use to get games 25% off retail and free shipping are long gone. Instead, now its full price and shipping is almost as much as the game soblue

There is now a 99% chance I will get the Baby Blitz expansion to go with my Duel in the Dark game.

Biernath_John wrote:

Baby Blitz contains:

- railroad flak
- acoustic mirror
- quad flak
(total 10 of them)
- british 3,7in AA gun
- british searchlight
- british radar
(total 12 of them)

Put it over the edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Baby Blitz is good to pick up, as it essentially doubles the depth of Duel In The Dark. You get a lot of the ground elements in Baby Blitz that you would pick up in the individual packs (British AA, British Searchlights, Railroad Flak, Acoustic Mirror, etc).

If I had to choose a few...

Baby Blitz - for a heavier game, and you get a lot of the other expansion pieces
Early Nights - for a lighter game
Ju-88 - for a little German variety
3-5 Player Expansion - when the mates come over
Walls Have Ears - bit of second guessing fun

I think I want both the Ju-88 and The Walls Have Ears expansions to add to my future Baby-Blitz. Lucky for me I can easily make The Walls Have Ears (using a color laser printer), however the Ju-88 expansion is a different story. The Ju-88 playing piece poses a bit of a problem. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Biernat
Poland
Dabrowa Gornicza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how Walls Have Ears is gonna work with Baby Blitz, since there are 2 british bomberstreams that target 2 german cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Biernath_John wrote:
Not sure how Walls Have Ears is gonna work with Baby Blitz, since there are 2 british bomberstreams that target 2 german cities.

Hmmm. Good point.
Anyone have any ideas how you could use Walls Have Ears in conjunction with Baby Blitz? Is it even possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Biernat
Poland
Dabrowa Gornicza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure it's possible. And since you wont probably get any official answers to this one, you must improvise.
A good starting point (Andrzej's idea): give the german player 5 city tokens as usual. You must bomb one of those 5 cities with your primary raid. The spoof raid can bomb anything you desire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.