Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How difficult is this game to win? Many of these new co-ops are very hard, and I was just wondering what the general win percentage on this was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aram Schvey
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's of a medium difficulty. The problem is that the game is pretty complicated, and unlike most other coops (Red November, Battlestar Galactica, Shadows over Camelot), there's no time for an experienced player to explain things during the game itself. After a couple of plays you get the hang of it. However, there are a lot of balls to juggle if you are using all of the rules, and so newbies may give up after a game or two, and make it impossible to get to the point where they feel comfortable with the game and have a better shot at winning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Quirk
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The nice thing is that the game is scalable. So at the start you can do tutorial missions which are fairly easy to get through. Once your confidence is up, you can go to full missions. And past that, you can add harder threats to really test your ability.

One of the big selling points of this game (for me anyway) is that losing does not detract from the experience of the game. The game plays in under half an hour and setup is trivial after the first game. But more than that, failing at this game usually occurs in humorous ways that everyone can laugh at. Win or lose, I have a great time playing this game- a win feels well deserved and a loss is just a lot of fun to watch happen. And when you do lose, it takes only a few minutes to load up the game and try again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for both of those good answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Poe
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Something that would have been purple if there was light to see it by scuttled across the floor.
badge
Time is for Dragonflies and Angels. The former live too little and the latter live too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our crew regularly plays. We use the random mission generator available here on BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/41300

This actually allows us to change the difficulty at will. We find that difficulties 8, 9, and 10 are good for our team. For some reason we were in a rut last night in our marathon session of Space Alert. We only won 2 of the 12 games played.

I don't see this game ever getting too easy and now that we have the mission generator...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.