bart clement
Belgium
flag msg tools
Shouldn't the disbanded armies have advantage on the abandoned ones.
For the former you have to pay and the latter is for free.
The abandoning armies give you profit (I think) by replacing faction recourses by neutrals and when you lose them in battle you get them back in your stock anyway.

Am I missing something here
I'm still a beginner

is there an update since the following thread?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/718016#718016

THX in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Low
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The advantage of paying to disband the army is that you can rehire that counter somewhere else on the same turn.

On the first turn or two, it's generally irrelevant, but later in the game, due to the limit of six army counters, that can be a huge advantage.

Best,
-Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bart clement
Belgium
flag msg tools
OK...now I understand
thanks for the quick reaction!

what official rule is used now for abandoned armies in control boxes when there are other armies or army present in the same box?

many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Ulm
Ba-Wü
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bartc wrote:
what official rule is used now for abandoned armies in control boxes when there are other armies or army present in the same box?

Abondoned armies only occupy a place in the command block till turn end. They have no impact on battles, sieges or military influence. [Rules 6.3]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.