Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in trying, for the first time, putting a web site up. Can you point me to unbiased (i.e. non-affiliate) reviews of some of the better rated services for low-volume sites.
I am not really looking for a "free" site but want a relatively low cost.
Windows based and must be able to allow me to have other folks ftp files from my site.
Thanks for your advice.

(I realize that google can provide hundreds of thousands of hits on the topic; however, I do not want to spend a lifetime or three researching this. So, please save the pointer-to-Google-reply for somebody else. I know that there are many very experienced system administrators on this site--so I am hoping to get recommendations based on personal experience).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Windows based?!?

Do you mean, ran using IIS with support for all kinds of IE stuff, or are you planning to install a windows executable on the server and hook up to it from the Web Server to serve some voodoo dynamic content somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wessels
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used Lunar Pages for years now and find them to be an excellent web hosting site.

www.lunarpages.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
Windows based?!?

Do you mean, ran using IIS with support for all kinds of IE stuff, or are you planning to install a windows executable on the server and hook up to it from the Web Server to serve some voodoo dynamic content somehow?

Not 100% sure. I wanted to make sure that I could access MySQL (but that may be available on both platforms?). And one of my friends who may help me with applications suggested that I make sure that the provider would support ASP and ASP.Net. However, this friend may end up to busy to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fastfingers wrote:
I've used Lunar Pages for years now and find them to be an excellent web hosting site.
www.lunarpages.com

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.