Popular Tags: [View All]
SteveO
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hardest thing about making this game is deciding which board you're going to make, when I printed off mothertruckin's fine map
there were three map images, one of which was my own. Now there are 7+. I printed the above image cut it out and affixed it to some cardboard with some glue dots. The dice I printed out from FezAZ's dice image
, i printed them out original size and attached them to 3/4" (19mm) wooden cubes. Throw in some multicolored glass beads and i'm in business.

Dune Express Construction Zone

This is what garages were made for, not storing vehicles but making games with your children.

Finished Product

On to the Game
My son helped roll the dice but this was really a solo session, I use green beads as the Atreides and blue beads as Harkonnens.
1st Turn Atreides rolls 2 spice, 2 Atreides, Arrakeen, Hunter Seeker, and 2 other factions. There are no opponents to remove so the hunter seeker does me no good. I place two beads on Arrakeen.

Rules Whoops
This is why i like to play a game solo first-the mistakes. On my Harkonnen turn i get 5 spice, 3 Harkonnens, on Sietch Tabr, along with a Crysknife, I land my troops in Sietch Tabr and then mistakenly move my troops to Arrakeen and kill the remaining Atreides troop. The rules state you can only move from the Polar Sink to the location die, and no where else.

This rules hiccup is unfortunately repeated a few times, but by turn 4 the Atreides control two territories, and on the Harkonnen turn 4 I lock in Carthag as the location and land three troops there. On turn 5 the Atreides land two troops in Tuek's Sietch for the win, took it until the last roll to get an unoccupied territory.

Fun game, my son and I enjoyed rolling the dice. (He didn't much care for the freezing, he wanted to roll them all each time).
Thanks to mothertruckin for the board, FezAz for the dice and FNH1 for the game, looking forward to playing this again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like we've both fallen prey to this game's simple charm. Thanks for sharing your game session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the chance comes up it's worth dropping a couple of troops into the Polar Sink for use in later turns where they can turn the tide in any battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.