Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again! Time for another session report, this time, Citadels.

This was my first play with actual people. I've played a half dozen or so games online vs the computer, but this was the first time we've broken out the cards and played at a table with real people.

As always, I like playing with real people better.

The players were Me (TiwazTyrsfist), My wife Inara, and her parents.

Let me preface this by saying I'm pretty sure I have the coolest in-laws in the world. My mother-in-law is a big video game junkie, and my father-in-law is helping me build a Mash Tun for homebrewing beer. So, cool people.

I have the newest version of the game, which has the expansion included. We used the basic character cards, but tossed all 14 of the bonus purple districts into the deck. Because the more, the merrier.

Everyone had the rules of play down by the end of the second round, and things went nice and smooth.

My Father-In-Law massively favored the Assassin and King. I think he picked the merchant twice, but otherwise played the assassin and king exclusively.

My Mother-In-Law, who is a VICIOUS gamer, played the magician to good effect several times. At my expense mostly.

At the end of the game, my wife and I were far in the lead though.

My Father-In-Law had played only a few districts, and hadn't managed to save up enough to play his better ones. He ended the game holding the Dragon Gate without playing it. He scored 15 points.

My Mother-In-Law played fairly viciously, but had ended up getting hit numerous times by either the Assassin or Thief, leaving her with only five districts and 16 points.

My Wife, Inara, Ended the game by building an eighth district, and with some good districts besides, including the University (the other 8 pointer). Between her cards, being the first (and only) to 8 districts, and having all five colors, she scored 36 points.

I, meanwhile, focused on good Purple districts. I ended with 7 districts. Six were purple, and one was the wishing well. Another was the Library. As a result, with the +5 bonus from the wishing well and the +1 bonus from the library for the one card in my hand, I won with 39 points.

I'm taking this along tomorrow to the Memorial day party we're going to, see if I can get some more people to play. Try out some of the alternate Character Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.