Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Fletcher
United Kingdom
Heathfield
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Found this game under a "Vintage game" search on ebay and was seduced by the 70s vibe that it had. Being a child of 1972 I can claim that this is 'of my time.'

Played it with 2 non-gamer friends of my better half with whom we sucessfully play Absolute Balderdash and Razzia!

As to our session we played a key rule incorrectly - in that you are allowed to pay people the same amount of wage. I'll explain and that might make more sense.

The aim of this game is to fully staff your business and pass 'go.'

The play is somewhat similar to another classic - 'Careers' of the same period. It's a roll and move game. The spaces you land on give you the options to hire a member of staff, raid another company for a member of staff and various other spaces that can hurt or help you - often if you have enough money you can avoid the bad effects.

The key to the game is getting and holding your staff. You make choices about how much to pay them - the more you pay them the safer they are from being raided by the other players.

OK there is not a great amount of either strategy or tactics, but we found that there is enough excitment as a 'race game' with the interaction of stealing each other's staff.

A highpoint is the 'investment' track with is a very simple stake and return by dice rolling.

This game is nothing more than it claims to be.

The rules are written as a question and answer session which is quite jolly, but hard to reference back to in play.

The real winning point is the cards and the art on them.

Yes all the bosses are men and the women are secretaries but hey it's the 70s thats how it was! I dont complain that my soldiers in Axis and Allies are men.

So a gentle 6/10 for an easy going slightly drunk night of retro 70s fun whilst watching 'the good life' on the telly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin blackham
United Kingdom
belper
derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Classic 1970's Waddington's. A bit unPC in the roles but a great theme and fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have fond memories of this from my youth. A good fun game (even if the job titles didn't reflect the British company roles structure.....) :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.