Popular Tags: [View All]
Hillel Rosen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hi
i am searching a long time now for the el grande pc game by koch media
i have seen it only once on ebay Germany and the buyer would not ship outside Germany so i could not get it
i am surprised that these games do not show here at the marketplace i mean most of boardgamers
use this site and there is a huge marketplace here for buying and selling games
but i don't see any computer games(board games related) in the market place
i was wandering if any one knows of someone who has the game and wants to sell it
thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my problem with the Koch Media. I purchased El Grande about 3 years ago but instead of getting a CD mailed to my house I opted for the download. Well 2 years later the game is asking me for a verification code. I have no idea where I put the printed receipt with the code on it.. Does anyone know how to retrieve my code off my computer files? modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g s
United States
Moab
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Is this it:

http://el-grande.software.informer.com/

hillelr wrote:
hi
i am searching a long time now for the el grande pc game by koch media
i have seen it only once on ebay Germany and the buyer would not ship outside Germany so i could not get it
i am surprised that these games do not show here at the marketplace i mean most of boardgamers
use this site and there is a huge marketplace here for buying and selling games
but i don't see any computer games(board games related) in the market place
i was wandering if any one knows of someone who has the game and wants to sell it
thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hillel Rosen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yes this is it
but all that is left now is a site who supports the product and has a demo i think
but you cant get the full product there
thx for the info anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Vogel
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you could find your code, the validation server appears to no longer be working. Reminded of my copy of El Grande by this, I installed it and attempted to register it. No connection could be made. However, these IS a way to work around this. I wouldn't normally post this, but as those of us who actually bought the games can no longer register them and as Kock is no longer selling them, I don't see the harm.

1) Install the game
2) Start an actual game then quit
3) Run regedit (open a DOS window, type regedit and hit enter)
4) Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER
5) Expand Software
6) Find and expand KOCH
7) Expand ECD000811L
8) On the right, double click on startdate
9) Change the number listed. It will be something like this: 1243299685. Change the second digit to an 8, like this: 1843299685

Now, instead of five days before you must register the game, you'll have over 6000 days. Should be plenty of time to get in all the games you want! This works for the Carcassonne games, too.

One question from my side, though. I've tried to find a config file for El Grande (like the one found in Carcassonne games) so I can change the language to English. I can't find the config file. Anyone know what I should be looking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Vogel
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I found my problem with the config file. If you're using Vista, you have to run the program as Administrator before the config file is created. Beware that Vista also makes the folders read only, so you'll have to change that from the El Grande folder. Changing just the config folder doesn't work.

I hate Vista...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. The only problem is every time I want to play I have to go back delete a file called norunchk. It's not a big deal just an annoyance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Sohn
United States
culver city
CA
flag msg tools
Check out my class: https://www.canvas.net/courses/game-design-concepts
badge
How are you today?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a demo copy I can download?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Sohn
United States
culver city
CA
flag msg tools
badge
How are you today?
mbmbmbmbmb
hvogel wrote:

One question from my side, though. I've tried to find a config file for El Grande (like the one found in Carcassonne games) so I can change the language to English. I can't find the config file. Anyone know what I should be looking for?

Config folder. Edit ELGRANDE.cfg.xml. Change lang="english"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hillel Rosen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thx all for their answers
does any one of you want to sell their game
or know of someone who does?
thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Vogel
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaosbreaker wrote:
hvogel wrote:

Config folder. Edit ELGRANDE.cfg.xml. Change lang="english"

Yes, I finally found it. The problem was that I had to run the game as Administrator or Vista wouldn't let it create the folder. This despite the fact that I'm the only user on the computer and, by default, the administrator.

I hate Vista...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Vogel
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hillelr wrote:
thx

The only difference between the demo you can download from the link above and my purchased version is that I was given a code allowing me to activate the game. As the activation servers are no longer active, I can't see how anyone could complain if you downloaded the demo and followed my directions to give yourself an extremely long trial period.

If anything fits the definition of abandonware, the Koch Media games do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Sohn
United States
culver city
CA
flag msg tools
badge
How are you today?
mbmbmbmbmb
hvogel wrote:
hillelr wrote:
thx

The only difference between the demo you can download from the link above and my purchased version is that I was given a code allowing me to activate the game. As the activation servers are no longer active, I can't see how anyone could complain if you downloaded the demo and followed my directions to give yourself an extremely long trial period.

If anything fits the definition of abandonware, the Koch Media games do.

what demo...?

The link goes wall papers, patches and stuff. Can you point to a link that is actually a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hillel Rosen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i tried the link also and found no demo
if any one knows where to download the demo
it will be great
thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Johansson
Sweden
Vittinge
flag msg tools
"The world's blankiest blank"
badge
After some searching I found this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DRIQIU9A

It is definitely the El Grande PC Game. As for whether it is the demo or the full version, I couldn't tell. I didn't see anything about trial version or activation, but I didn't look very hard either.
I have not tried either changing the language from the default german, or tried the extended trial time fix described above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hillel Rosen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thank you so much
this is it i have tried to find it through Google for a long time how did you find it
many thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Johansson
Sweden
Vittinge
flag msg tools
badge
hillelr wrote:
thank you so much
this is it i have tried to find it through Google for a long time how did you find it
many thx

You're welcome.
It was indeed a bit tricky to find, and I actually don't remember exactly what search term I used in the end.
Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Thanks! I wanted to learn this game for quite a while and I will definitely buy it now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Sohn
United States
culver city
CA
flag msg tools
badge
How are you today?
mbmbmbmbmb
geggakloss wrote:
hillelr wrote:
thank you so much
many thx

You're welcome.
It was indeed a bit tricky to find, and I actually don't remember exactly what search term I used in the end.
Have fun!

So is this a legal demo or is this a pirated version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g s
United States
Moab
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I downloaded and unzipped the files, but how do you get it to run?

geggakloss wrote:

It is definitely the El Grande PC Game. As for whether it is the demo or the full version, I couldn't tell. I didn't see anything about trial version or activation, but I didn't look very hard either.
I have not tried either changing the language from the default german, or tried the extended trial time fix described above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Johansson
Sweden
Vittinge
flag msg tools
badge
chaosbreaker wrote:
geggakloss wrote:
hillelr wrote:
thank you so much
many thx

You're welcome.
Have fun!

So is this a legal demo or is this a pirated version?

I don't know exactly. I didn't see anything about a trial period, which might indicate that this is an already activated copy, and not the original demo, but I'm not entirely sure. First I thought about not posting the link at all but since it seems the only difference between the demo and the purchased version is that you got some activation code that is now useless, I don't see the harm in it either way.

Edit: Though if this is against BGG policy, let me know and I will remove the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Johansson
Sweden
Vittinge
flag msg tools
badge
gesa wrote:

geggakloss wrote:

Among the files you extracted were two files named sg-elgr.bin and sg-elgr.cue, these files together form what is known as a cd/dvd image. Start your favorite cd/dvd recording software and look for "write disc from image" or something similar to that effect. Then point the program to where you have the sg-elgr.cue located and start recording. When that is finished you can install the game from your cd or dvd, and then follow the instructions in a previous post if you want to change the language to english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g s
United States
Moab
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

geggakloss wrote:
gesa wrote:

geggakloss wrote:

Among the files you extracted were two files named sg-elgr.bin and sg-elgr.cue, these files together form what is known as a cd/dvd image. Start your favorite cd/dvd recording software and look for "write disc from image" or something similar to that effect. Then point the program to where you have the sg-elgr.cue located and start recording. When that is finished you can install the game from your cd or dvd, and then follow the instructions in a previous post if you want to change the language to english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g s
United States
Moab
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
OK,got it working. Is it German language only, or is there a way to change languages?

I used to speak German fairly fluently, but that was long ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hillel Rosen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
inside
Config folder.
Edit the file ELGRANDE.cfg.xml.
Change lang="english"
enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.