Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the sneak peek pictures it can be seen that the panzer grenadiers have both red and blue fp values. How is this going to work. Looking at the picture

You can see that they have a red 5 and blue 0

If I attack an armoured unit with red 5 (roundign down) I would get +2. In close combat:
Red 5+4 = 9 --> 4
Blue 0+4= 4

They are the same. What was the reasoning for this and now is it intending to be applied. Or was it for simplicity purposes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer said all units have both red and blue fp now. The rulebook isn't out yet, but this seems pretty clear to me: no more using half of your red fp against blue targets, you just use the blue fp printed on the counter. At least that's my guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and although it is the same for Panzer Grenadiers (in close combat), it is not the same for antitank rifles.

So a Panzer Grenadier shooting from a 2 hex distance will have a 0 AT FP while with Half the Red value it would be 2.
You allready noticed that

As you can see Russian AT rifles have a blue FP of 4 which is greater than half their red FP. So think of some men hiding in the fields waiting for the Panzer to come, waiting... closer wait till it comes to 60 meters... BAM (CC FP= 8!) not bad for an infantry unit...

I wonder what the white square box in the red FP means. Probably some minus in CC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully they will do ample play testing before releasing the board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Either way I preordered. -can not wait to divebomb with a stuka or thunder along in a tiger or panther

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anti-tank rifles were not all that effective against tanks. Several ATR had to be used and then again only against the most vital parts of the tank.
While watching a documentary about the battle of Kursk, one way the infantry - especially the Germans against the T34 -coped with the tanks was by trying to get up close enough to use explosives in order to immobilize them by knocking the tracks off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.