Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May 25, 2009... I'm just tired.

I'm not artistically creative the way the rest of you are here... I'd seriously (pretty serious anyways) give my left testicle sometimes for the spark of inherent skill that you all have to make pictures more than just an image on paper/screen or someone's butt.

Right now I'm hiding from all my creature scripts because none of them really want to do what I'm asking them to do. The ant subgroups are partying when they're supposed to be working, the goblins and orcs are supposed to waging war on each other and yet they're having a massive tupperware party. My Unglar who are the universal guardians have all gone on strike and are somewhere out in the vastness of space doing whatever the hell it is Unglar do when they're not Unglaring.

My creative well hasn't exactly run dry but it's really wavering on the ambition front. I'd love to know how some of you actually keep putting something new up on the page without cringing and just tossing it all for a bad idea. I'm kidding myself when I say I'll do it... this game has wedged itself under my skin that much... but I wish to god it was easier to get some things done.

Right now I'm working on my Time elemental script... the script is what tells the gamer what the creature is likely to do in a set situation (this is a solo game... no DM or opponent except for the letters). However reality has this way of sneaking it's less than handsome head in and is asking why a time elemental manifests itself as a dripping pocketwatch or for that matter as any letter. I don't know why... I also don't know why a quasi immortal being would even bother with this little hole in the wall dungeon. I mean the kids are driving the big baddy nuts with all their whinging... I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it let's them go and they surge up through the dungeon causing havok where ever they end up going. The parents will be doing an Indiana Jones/Temple of Doom thing at the end.

Thanks for sitting through the venting... it's working a bit... the tension in my shoulders is slowly oozing out. I wish I could find a good image of an acid ooze or jelly. Guess I never really thought to think what the heck one looks like... maybe I should just put down a generic bottle of jelly and MS Paint it Green or something. (le sigh)

Right, I'm outta here... thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, you're super talented. We all have slow, creative times...switch to something new for a injection of new ideas and then go back to your older stuff.

Alot of writers tell newer ones not to "force" the process. Maybe you are putting too much pressure on yourself to get things done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.