Subject: Quick question (help from German speakers needed) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deep Thought
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Chrono Trigger represents potential. Results require action.
badge
It is not a certainity, but I have come to believe it possible that some entity wished for us to witness these events. Perhaps it wanted us to see all of these various ages.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm making a high-school themed geocache with its own pop quiz, and need another language elective question, hence the desire for assistance from native speakers. A simple vocab or grammar multiple choice question, with 5 answers and the correct one in the first slot would be ideal.

The idea is to ask something that the reader would remember if they took the subject in school (9th-12th grades). Humorous is fine, devious is even better. I'm not absolutely tied to German as the language, but it's probably the best choice. (They don't teach Swahili around here.)

For reference, here's the French one I wrote: French-7a. Quand il pleut, on porte: A.un parapluie B.une chaise C.un annanas D.une vache E.un gateau

I'd do it myself with Babelfish or something, but that could turn out very strange. Any assistance would be much appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Quiter
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Der Künstler malt ein Bild mit a: dem Pinsel b: den Pinsel c: dem Pinseln d: des Pinsels e: der Pinsel.

To come up with a "quick" question took longer than I thought.
Grammar type question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fone Bone wrote:
Der Künstler malt ein Bild mit a: dem Pinsel b: den Pinsel c: dem Pinseln d: des Pinsels e: der Pinsel.

Grammar type question.

This reminds me why my german sucks so bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fone Bone wrote:

Grammar type question.

Don't you have to indicate which one is the correct answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Fone Bone wrote:

Grammar type question.

Don't you have to indicate which one is the correct answer?

Oh come on! Surely, that's obvious. We all got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deep Thought
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Chrono Trigger represents potential. Results require action.
badge
It is not a certainity, but I have come to believe it possible that some entity wished for us to witness these events. Perhaps it wanted us to see all of these various ages.
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks perfect! Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the OP and said "this needs to be declension" and I think pretty much anyone else who's ever taken German as a foreign language will agree with me. Plus the "mit" should make it easy enough that most people should actually remember the answer.

Gut gemacht!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...of course, now I just need some linguistics person to explain to me why "pluie" is feminine but "parapluie" is masculine. That always drove me nuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.