Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine the sticker sheet. There are the graphics, the adhesive, the slick paper backing, and the paper backing. When I tried to sticker my blocks, the slick paper separated from the paper, rather than the adhesive separating from the slick paper. This meant that each block required tweezers to separate the proper layers, and some needed a razor. I was averaging two minutes per block. This is ridiculous. I hate to gripe, but the sticker sheet was all kinds of fucked up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Petersen
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm sure you can email Columbia and request a new sheet. I did this when one of my sticker sheets was slightly misprinted and they promptly sent out a new sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalOak wrote:
Be warned though : you'll receive the same low quality brand of stickers. Even with two sheets, I've still one or two stickers that were damaged.

Maybe, maybe not. The one time I got defective stickers from Columbia, for Crusader Rex, the replacements they sent were excellent.

I really don't understand why people start threads like this. If you have a problem, and the publisher won't address it, you've got something to talk about. But when you haven't even contacted them yet, what is the point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a similar experience with labels for Hammer of the Scots, while the stickers for most of my other CG games were easy to apply. The stickers are actually high quality, as long as they are new. If you get a game that was collated some time ago and/or subject to temperature changes during transport, the glue hardens and you get problems.

However, CG have very good customer support and will replace damaged or missing components free of charge, even if you didn't order directly from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
I really don't understand why people start threads like this. If you have a problem, and the publisher won't address it, you've got something to talk about. But when you haven't even contacted them yet, what is the point?
To vent frustration. Nothing more.

The Allied stickers were generally OK. I'd estimate that stickering the Allies took fifteen minutes while the Axis took two hours. Those blocks sure look purty all stickered up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw the title, I thought you meant that the GAME was broken, rather than the components.

Do let us know what you think about the game!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric v
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
Imagine the sticker sheet. There are the graphics, the adhesive, the slick paper backing, and the paper backing. When I tried to sticker my blocks, the slick paper separated from the paper, rather than the adhesive separating from the slick paper. This meant that each block required tweezers to separate the proper layers, and some needed a razor. I was averaging two minutes per block. This is ridiculous. I hate to gripe, but the sticker sheet was all kinds of fucked up.

Same here, glad to see am not alone. After getting seriously upset on the first sticker, I relaxed. Then grabed cutter and tweezers, and spent an hour on these stickers while watching a cartoon with the kids.
Life goes on...

I believe that quality has improved recently as I had a much nicer experience with Crusader Rex a few weeks ago.

Now I was thinking of buying EastFront...Maybe I should pass if the stickers are that bad, because we are talking of much more stickers there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy second-hand. It sounds like I got a bargain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"I bought my copy second-hand. It sounds like I got a bargain "

My point exactly. I never get the "unpunched" collection frenzy. Heck I'll pay extra for a punched copy. A game punched is a game enjoyed. If you are paying extra for an unpunched copy, know that:

1. It is either unplayable, hence the lack of punching; or
2. For your tedious effort, your game will depreciate!

So you are stuck with keeping it pristine and hoping that price will go up so that you can sell it unpunched and unplayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Séguin
msg tools
same experience
I wrote to columbia and they are sending a new sheet; I hope it will work easier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The crack&peel sticker sheets are a hassle. On top of that some sheets have been in the box a long time. I needed to get replacement sheets from Columbia for a couple different games, RitD being one of those. It does not worry me too much. The replacement sheets I received were better but I was frustrated for a while until I realized it was the sheet and not my sticker skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem with Rommel in the Desert but it is the only time I had problems with Columbia. I own virtually all theri games and apart from this title I never had any problem. Not sure why exactly this title has so many problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this problem with my HoS stickers. My uncle was watching me struggling and offered to help. He used a technique whereby he removed the sticker using the tip of his thumb, i.e. nail first, pushing upwards away from the hand, on the corners of the stickers. It works very well. The stickers I'd removed were a right mess, but his were great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.