Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hi folks.

I played a friend's copy of this game for the first time this weekend and, WOW, I really enjoyed it. I like the fact that the simple rules do not mean simple decisions. That is a mark of a good game I think; the only complexity comes about from deciding upon the options before you. I can't wait to play it again.

However, there was one rule question that popped up as we played that I hope you can help us with. During Turn 2's Event Phase, I (as the Nationalist) played my first card that brought in a 3-strength Italian unit as a reinforcement. During the same Event Phase, my second event card was the one that beefs up an Italian 3-strength into a 5-strength unit. As the only Italian unit in play, I increased the strength of the recently arrived reinforcement.

We were thinking that perhaps that was a bit "hinky", although we did not see any rules that prevented such a occurance.

So, my question is, was my move(s) legal?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since one turn in Espana 1936 represents up to four months, I think yes, it is legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Luis Lorenzo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think that. For me, it´s legal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Catalán
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think .

The explanation is simple. The Italian troops were in several contributors, and more than one was very important. As said a shift is 4 months and it is perfectly possible

Antonio Catalán
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thank you. Gracias. Dziekuje.

That is what we were thinking towards the end of our game too, but to be honest I would have felt bad if we were wrong and I was rushing around Spain stomping Republicans with that big unit on Turn #3.

Much appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Capt_S wrote:
Thank you. Gracias. Dziekuje.

You're welcome. De nada. Nie ma za co.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.