Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Another noob question:

The card "Dutch Courage is a support card (item).

It says "Characters you control gain Toughness +1."

As the card says characterS, plural, I assume you don't attach this card to just one character, but treat it like a location.. so it applies to all your characters.. is that right?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's correct.

The card does not need to be attached to a character, otherwise it would have been marked as "attachment" (compare it to the .45 Pistols, for example).

It applies to all characters you control, because it states "Characters you control...". Even if it had been an attachment, it would apply to all characters, because it is written in this way. (Otherwise it would state "Attached character...").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emile, thanks.

Great game! And not as complicated (or expensive!) as Game of Thrones CCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Hergl
Germany
Riemerling
flag msg tools
I give demos for the Star Wars LCG in Munich
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chou4555 wrote:
Emile, thanks.

Great game! And not as complicated (or expensive!) as Game of Thrones CCG.

I think you are right Cthulhu is easier to learn than Game of Thrones and the timing structures are not that complicated but why do you say it is cheaper? Chapter or Asylum packs sell at the same price, the core set from GoT even contains more cards for the same price... Both games are good and for both games it is nice if you have a more experienced player to answer questions that arise during play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only more expensive in that GoT is collectible (as I understand it) and you'll have to pay top dollar for those rare cards. Not so for Cthulhu as an LCG gamer, I think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colin, both Game of Thrones and Call of Cthulhu were originally released as collectable card games.

Both have now been re-released (re-packaged?) as what Fantasy Flight Games calls "Living Card Games" which have fixed card releases.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh I hadn't twigged that! So there will be GoT "Asylum Packs" or the equivalent, all with fixed cards? I may well look into that!

Col

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Hergl
Germany
Riemerling
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just go there and be happy: A Game of Thrones: The Card Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jersey Joe
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend the new Game of Thrones LCG. It is playable right out of the box for 2-4 players, and there are already 12 'asylum packs' [two sets of six with themes] available with 3 more on the way each of the next few months. Our first time 3 player game took a bit long, over three hours, but that has to do with the learning curve, Q&A -- the usual. It was a great deal of fun and compares favorably to the Cthulhu LCG is style and substance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played GoT with a mate who got the game for his birthday. Really good, although it got a bit complicated when we both had quite a lot of cards that interracted with each other.. but I guess that's because we were learning the game!

Pity that with two players we couldn't use the lovely sculpted pieces that came with the boxed game (that's only for 3+ people).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.