Subject: What Are All The Games in This Series? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: ACW [+] ClashArms [+] [View All]
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the games in this series? Autumn of Glory is the 7th game in the series (per the game's page), but I can't find all the other ones:

Vol. 1. [Unknown].
Vol. 2. Lee Takes Command.
Vol. 3. [Unknown].
Vol. 4. [Unknown].
Vol. 5. Mississippi Fortress.
Vol. 6. [Unknown].
Vol. 7. Autumn of Glory.
Vol. 8. Marching Through Georgia.

Grant Takes Command is an expansion released through a gaming magazine that expands Autumn of Glory and Lee Takes Command.

Anyone have any others to plug in here?

Chris Montgomery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VOL.1:

Great Invasion, the: The Gettysburg Campaign June 24 - July 3, 1863

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4455

Long time ago, I wrote to CLASH OF ARMS about this series, and they assured me that no other games were published ... so with the VOL.1 above your list is complete.

I own all of them and the GREAT INVASION uses an earlier version of the same system.

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted the designer and he told me each volume was planned, but not every one of them was published. The series was not finished, but it might be as the next big Civil War anniversary approaches.

The unpublished volumes are:
Volume I: Donelson-Shiloh Campaign.

Volume III: 2nd Manassas-Antietam Campaign

Volume IV: The Perryville-Murfreesboro Campaign

Volume VI: Gettysburg (already published but not officially designated volume VI)

Volume IX: Appomattox Campaign and Johnston's retreat through the Carolinas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
I contacted the designer and he told me each volume was planned, but not every one of them was published. The series was not finished, but it might be as the next big Civil War anniversary approaches.

The unpublished volumes are:
Volume I: Donelson-Shiloh Campaign.

Volume III: 2nd Manassas-Antietam Campaign

Volume IV: The Perryville-Murfreesboro Campaign

Volume VI: Gettysburg (already published but not officially designated volume VI)

Volume IX: Appomattox Campaign and Johnston's retreat through the Carolinas.

What a pity. Seems like a great game system.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What a pity. Seems like a great game system.

Chris

I really like it and prefer the system to GCACW. Still, it is possible more games will be made in the series, at at least that is what Mr. Selkirk told me. So who knows.

Try out any game in the system, as each are affordable and easy to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Howell
msg tools
I think any chance of seeing the rest of the series is over.

I had this from COA in response to my mail asking if the rest of the series would ever see the light of day;

"Hi there,

It was not due a lack of interest on our part that this series languished, but the designer had a personal tragedy that removed the spice out of boardgaming for him several years ago.

I have forwarded your encouraging email to him. He and I did renew our discussions about the series, in particular the Antietam game, around two years ago, but he went silent again.

Thank you, hopefully he will respond."

CoAG

So there you have it, maybe if enough people enquire it may spark some interest, but I would not hold your breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.