Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Schalk
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A long time ago I had a fun multi expansion Arkham Game night and all the monsters got mixed in together.

How can you tell an expansion monster cup monster from a base game monster cup monster? Then how can you tell one expansion monster from another expansion?

I want to quickly separate them out and place the monsters in their respective boxes. Unlike the expansion symbols on the cards, I don't see that on the monsters. I also don't see a monster name/quantity list in the directions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woods
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might help.

http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Monster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salty Skwib
United States
San Miguel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Should I eat the Cuttlefish and Asparagus or the Vanilla Paste?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wince wrote:

Nice!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Schalk
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wince wrote:

Yowza! how cool and helps. THANKS! Didn't know something like this was available in wiki. I'm going to have to look up some of my other games.

Am I safe to assume that Fantasy Flight didn't include anything with the game though? I'm not missing anything on the actual tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, FFG has a running habit of not marking the expansion monsters. I made little stickers for mine

Oh, and make sure to write/print on The Beast marker that it is endless, as all Masks should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Schalk
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
No, FFG has a running habit of not marking the expansion monsters. I made little stickers for mine

Oh, and make sure to write/print on The Beast marker that it is endless, as all Masks should be.

Aack! *clutches chest* ....writing on my Arkham Horror game or just one of my board games in general? I'm still looking for little plastic sleeves for the common item type decks.
Thanks for confirming for me that I wasn't going crazy and not seeing something. Some of the border colors looked a little darker and lighter to me, but I figured it was just a printing issue. Maybe they will include this info in Innsmouth or at least some quick referrence cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only ever remove monsters for the League scenarios. Otherwise, they're all in, no matter which expansions I'm using. So it's not like it's a big deal.

I did notice that the flying border in the Kingsport print was a richer blue/cyan than the other expansions. As a consequence, I can usually tell which Nightgaunts are Kingsport Nightgaunts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Snyder
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Shouldn't you be playing a game with me instead of wasting time on the Internet?
mbmbmbmbmb
I drew an expansion symbol on all of the new monsters that go in to cup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.