Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just ordered the basic Descent game and the well of darkness. I will of course want to play through the basic game scenarios. Do you use any of the rules / models / etc from the expansion when playing the basic game scenarios??

Ta

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play with Treachery in the basic game as the expansion lists the proper values for each quest. If you have not played before I suggest playing a few of the basic quests with just the basic rules before adding Treachery and the rules it brings along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe WOD has some cards that replace errata in the oringal cards. For example, the bow market card in WOD has 1 pierce, which replaces the original that does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You'll use the new treasure and market cards too. It's possible that some of the overlord cards that you just put in the overlord deck (not that cards that you "buy") will be able to summon some of the new monsters (though I don't remember off the top of my head, I may be confusing the different expansions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.