Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
going to chi-town next week......need a few leads on where the best game shops in this area can be found......thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused....you say you are going to Chi-town but then are asking for game stores in the Aurora/Naperville area? Which one is it, or are you looking for both.

I heard rumors there used to be a store in Naperville, but last I was told they were closed. As far as boardgames in Chicago:
1) Cat-n-Mouse on Armitage http://www.cat-n-mouse.com/
2) Black Sun Games on North Kedzie http://www.blacksungameschicago.com

3) Games Plus in Mount Prospect (about 45 miles north east of Naperville)
http://www.games-plus.com/

There are a few other tiny tiny stores but these are in my humble words the best.

I work near Naperville and I can't tell you of any store except in Oak Park which is a Games Workshop Game Bunker.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Sun is the place to go if you're looking for guys to play with. The store owner will throw down with you if he has time.

Game's Plus is the place to go if you want choice and a huge place to play. There might even be a tournament going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I grew up in Naperville and although there is alot of gaming in that town, there aren't any stores in the area with a board game night.

Tim Allen, a friend I grew up with there owns a pizza place called Uncle Steve's pizza. I haven't been there for a while, but as recent as 3 years ago there was gaming there a few times during the week starting at 8pm. It's a fun group that plays mainly AH multi-player games and deeper Euros. There is a core group of 4 people and some folks that show up once an a while - mostly high school and college friends in the area and folks that left the area but are visiting. Prior to Tim owning the store it was owned by one of our friend's dad's, so there has been gaming there for over 20 years.

On top of it all, it's about the best pizza on the planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4) Marbles the brain store in downtown chicago
5) Go the game store (navy pier) - i think this is new store? someone posted about this store a few weeks ago.
6) Chicagoland Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wandering Dragon
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Old thread but new store...

The Wandering Dragon Game Shoppe in Plainfield, IL.
www.WanderingDragon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Da van
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's also Graham Cracker Comics

www.grahamcrackers.com/
1271 Rickert Dr #135, Naperville, IL 60540
(630) 355-4310

They focus more on heroclix/ Magic The Gathering, and are in truth more of a comic book store, but they stock a potluck of some ameri-games and some of the most popular. The manager Mike is a nice guy, and throws some BG events.

There's also Hotsauce comics not to far away http://www.hotsaucegames.com/ - again mostly MTG, and a Games Workshop bunker in Wheaton I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are actually quite a few stores in Naperville and Aurora these days.

1) The Game Knight on Commons Ave in Aurora has only been open a year or two and is basically on the Aurora/Naperville line. While it's in-store sales selection isn't huge, the demo library in the back has about 700 board games. Euros, Deckbuilders, Ameritrash, they have basically everything worth trying from the past 20 years, and keep it up to date. If they're open, and there's an open table, I've never been told I can't claim a table, open a game and play.

2) Dean's Dugout on Washington St in Naperville is a collectables shop that has, last time I was in there, a ton of CCGs and a fair board game selection.

3) There's a Gamers World (1 of 4 around Chicago) in the Fox Valley Mall, two blocks south of The Game Knight. Basically open gaming anytime, I don't remember what their library looks like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gomez
msg tools
The Gaming Goat in Naperville has a great selection of Board Games. They also have card games, RPGs, a LAN center and a bunch of demo board games that they will sit down and play with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.