Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Rio Grande website:
http://www.riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_315_gameRule...

(I've submitted this to be added under Web Links for this game entry)

Interesting that some of the buildings have changed since the Nuremburg preview a few months ago (see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/376902 for links and discussion):

- The power on the Newspaper publishing house has changed
- The Statue now needs to be activated by the Foreman
- The building providing 9 VPs for something no longer exists (maybe we'll never find out what it's mysterious power was supposed to be )

Also, LupusX correctly interpreted the Beach Café power, my guess was wrong

There may be other changes, but those were the ones I noticed from a quick look over things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know when we should see a release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud Kool
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
- on the Newspaper publisher: it was decided that this building kind of ruined the voting system as it first was. A player would get 2 votes per peso instead of one, making it very unappealing to even try to vote against the player with this building. Now, the player who activates the Publishing house may put a marker at 1 of the laws; if this law doesn't get chosen this round, that player gets 1 VP and 1 peso. It works really well, although the Publishing house may be a bit overpriced (2 wood and 2 stone)
- the building providing 9 points does exist! It is called the Hacienda and it provides 9 points if the player pays 1 of each product and good (so that's 5 pieces). In some languages (I know about the Dutch version) the Hacienda is in the game, but in most languages it will be promotional material, available separately from El Presidente. I'm not sure how you're supposed to get it, though.

Regards,

Ruud Kool from The Game Master (Dutch publisher for Cuba/El Presidente)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the expansion also make the 2 and 3 player game more attractive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.