I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
..... of getting a thumbsup for a file submission per download.

Note that this is an unscientific method. I looked at the ten most recent files uploaded which have a total of 40 thumbsup given.

They have been downloaded a total of 8300 times.

40/8300 = .48 %

Particularly egregious is the file B-17 Flight Log (Larger version 1.0) by manowarplayer - it has been downloaded 3,972 times surprise and has received a total of 8 thumbsup .

[FYI: I was one of the downloaders who weren't a thumbsup er. I went to my hard drive and looked at all the files I downloaded and went back in to give thumbsup to all the files that I had.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to be more about thumbs than B-17: QotS...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
kjamma4 wrote:
joebelanger wrote:

And your point about all these thumbs??

Jim

thumbsdown thumbsdown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
And your point about all these thumbs??

Jim

Well, the point is somewhat diluted if it has to be explained but...the point is that there are a bunch of people downloading files here and, presumably, finding value in the file.

It would be nice if the person taking the time and effort to create and upload the file got recognition for doing so. The thumb system and the GeekGold system seem to be the best way to do so.

As I stated above, I felt the download to thumb ratio was very skewed (so much so, I posted about it in another thread which resulted in a little GG going to manowarplayer).

I felt it was relevant here since the specific thumb example was related to a B-17 file. Obviously others did not.

I hope that helps. If not, a much better example can be found in Luke 17:11-19 (which is the ultimate thumbsup )

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the truth. I labored a dozen hours to transcribe the Fall of Rome rules with errata, it got downloaded a couple hundred times, and received a handful of thumbs.

For the record, I'm very free with my thumbs and my geek gold

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke 17:11-19

Thanks.

[/q]

I don't know that plane?
Is it Japanese?
whistle

If I download a file, I don't often save it because it is still here at BGG. So sometimes I come back and download it again and again, but I can only give a thumbsup once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.