♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Gnip Gnop!

Yes, this game comes up as a "Very Weak Recommendation" for Dune, and since I expect the system to find games that are similar in some way, shape, or form, I'm left wondering what the connection is between the two games. I figure it's going to take more than one degree of separation to find it, though, so I figured this was a good excuse for a game.

Have at it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
H.R. Giger did some of the sets for the movie version of Dune. He also did the initial, aliens "hive" set designs for the movies Alien and Aliens. The holes in Gnip-Gnop resemble the tunnels found in the alien hives, and the balls traversing the holes represent the Colonial Marines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the recommendations were based on users who own both games, so there must be a non-zero number of owners of Dune who also have Gnip-Gnop in their collection. Given that Gnip-Gnop came out in the 70's (8 years before Dune, in fact), it's not unreasonable to assume that people who owned Gnip-Gnop as a child grew up to buy Dune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.