Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't until I played this scenario in the campaign book that I realized that the Sabotage rules had changed in the Air Pack expansion from the original rules in the Terrain pack expansion. The Air Pack rules state that the new summary cards 'override previous versions of rules and existing cards, where available'. Thus I assume the AP sabotage card (actions-6) is the rule to be used.

Up to now I've been using the previous terrain pack sabotage rules (along with the more specific bridge blowing sabotage rules), and I had always assumed a section card order was required, with the dice rolling done during the combat phase. I believed that was a pretty good interpretation of the T.P. rules.

The new Air Pack sabotage rule card just states the dice rolling, (always 2) is done 'at the start of any turn'. Quite a difference.
1] Does that mean EVERY turn, both the sabotaging units and it's enemies turn?
2] Does 'start of any turn' mean before the Command card is played or after? Seeing the result before playing the card can be important.
3]Does the sabotaging unit need to be ordered?
4] Can any unit sabotage? Infantry, armor, or artillery, or AIR? After all a post-hum. Victoria Cross was awarded for a light bomber ramming and destroying a bridge not far from Eben-Emael a few days after the battle.

I'm assuming the answers to my four questions are: 1] no only the sabotaging player, 2]yes before, 3] no, and 4] depends on the scenario, but if not stated then only infantry.

How the Sabotage rules are interpretated makes a big difference in the Campaign book's Fort Eben-Emael scenario. How do other players use these rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flapjackmachine wrote:
and I had always assumed a section card order was required, with the dice rolling done during the combat phase. I believed that was a pretty good interpretation of the T.P. rules.

Right.

flapjackmachine wrote:
1] Does that mean EVERY turn, both the sabotaging units and it's enemies turn?

Probably only your turn. Not sure.
If you can Sabotage during the opponent's turn (quite realistic but) then: no need for card\activation during your turn also and the saboteurs may play another action...too much for a single turn.

flapjackmachine wrote:
2] Does 'start of any turn' mean before the Command card is played or after?

I think: at the start of your turn after playing a card to activate saboteurs.
(It depends on the meaning of 1) above).

flapjackmachine wrote:
3]Does the sabotaging unit need to be ordered?

I think yes because it has to roll dice.

flapjackmachine wrote:
4] Can any unit sabotage?

I think according to the scenario. In Eben Emael all German units are sappers so they can all saboteur.

flapjackmachine wrote:
How the Sabotage rules are interpretated makes a big difference in the Campaign book's Fort Eben-Emael scenario. How do other players use these rules?

You have to play a card to activate sappers who then roll 2 dice and score a hit on a single star. Sounds good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fuller

Rexburg
Idaho
msg tools
On the Sabotage Action card it reads: "Roll 2 dice at the start of any turn during which at least one of the sabeteur's units is on the landmark." I think this means that you don't need to necessarily order the unit on the bunker. I have always played this way.

My questions are: 1)If you have units on more than one bunker, do you roll 2 die per bunker or just two die in all? The answer could definately change how this scenario plays out.

2) If 1) is just 2 die in all, can you allocate stars amoung bunkers that the German player occupies or do you have to ignore a second star if you roll it? So for instance if you rolled two stars than could you blow up two occupied bunkers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djflatmath wrote:
My questions are: 1)If you have units on more than one bunker, do you roll 2 die per bunker or just two die in all?

Since the rules refer to "a\the Landmark" I would say a roll per Landmark. It's not realistic to have lets say 3 saboteurs doing exactly the same attempt\roll...eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fuller

Rexburg
Idaho
msg tools
I never thought of that, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.