Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again! This is the 11th article of this sort, in which I briefly tell you what I like and don't like about a game, so I can share my views. I don't explain any rules here and some of my points may be lost on people who don't know anything about a game - so this should be your second or even third stop when reading reviews.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the reading!

+ THEME
I love the movie and the graphic novel, and these were the main reasons for getting the game (it took me a year to finally find and buy it). The cards reinforce it strongly with pictures from the movie and the card names which are usually quotes.

+ FUN
I do enjoy this game a lot. It doesn't take much time, plays intensively and, what can I say, it is enjoyable to kill hordes of enemies or elite warriors holding their ground.

+/- GAME COMPONENTS
The units are all fine. The dice are ok. The cards... well, some people said they are too thin for their own good - not an issue with me, not at the moment, anyway. What I have an issue with though is the board - the mountains there don't look especially good (more like brown paper) and there is a lot of space which is not being used, making the board a bit big for such a game. Plus, the board from my copy doesn't fold too well and there's a gap between the board pieces when it's set up.

- DICE DEPENDANCY
Dice hate me, so a mechanic based on them will generally get a "-" from me. Mind you, it doesn't bug me that much in 300. The game is still fun, but I do swear a lot when I roll 6 dice and get a sum of 12. The cards allow you to sometimes make that less of an issue, but I do find it extremely irritating at times. The rolls are usually what makes a victory here.

MY RATING: 7 (7.5)
Overall - time spend with this title is usually a very enjoyable 30 minutes. The fans of the movie and graphic novel should get it if they are not bugged by the fact it's just rolling dice with some strategy. I know I'm not, which is why my rating is a half point higher. I love getting back to this game and duking it out in the general Hot Gates area...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.