Miguel Sanhueza
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question...I'm going to try the 'basic' rules a few times before trying out any variants, but I was wondering what the deal is with the Polar Sink. Can troops co-exist there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
miggor wrote:
Quick question...I'm going to try the 'basic' rules a few times before trying out any variants, but I was wondering what the deal is with the Polar Sink. Can troops co-exist there?

No.
They can't. Only one player can heve his troops there, at one time. That's why there might be battles for Sink... It's useless, when it comes to spice, but very strategic point when it comes to battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rudolfoaligieri123 wrote:
miggor wrote:

No.
They can't. Only one player can heve his troops there, at one time. That's why there might be battles for Sink... It's useless, when it comes to spice, but very strategic point when it comes to battles.

The Sink is great for getting extra troops ( placed there in an earlier turn) for an attack where you roll poorly on the faction dice.

For instance if you are trying to get in into Carthag but they have two troops and you only have 1 troop on the faction dice, you could pull extra troops from the Sink, but of course you would still have to have the Spice for the troop movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Sanhueza
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. On the surface, it seemed to me that using your turn NOT taking over another region, and hoping no-one else destroys your troops in the sink before you get a chance to move them out again was an unlikely scenario...but I guess if the dice come up, then the dice come up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's variation in approach really. If your running out of rolls then the Sink can be a good option if it comes up on the die.

It can also be worth adding troops to a location you already hold in a 3+ player game as it makes it a less attractive target for the opposition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.