Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find anywhere in the (3rd ed.) rules where it states exactly when a Winter/Spring card is discarded, except that it becomes inactive as soon as the other one is played. Are Winter/Spring discarded when a battle is ended, when the round has ended, when the last person to play one goes out (passes)? We've been playing that whatever is in effect stays in effect until either the opposite card replaces it (as per the rules), or at the end of a full round of play (only one person left with cards). In other words, just the conclusion of a battle does not end that season.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Discard right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trippercook wrote:
Discard right away.

ok - this tells me absolutely nothing. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct - a Winter card is discarded immediately after a Spring card is played and a Spring card is discarded immediately after a Winter card is played.

In addition, both cards only last for one battle. So, for example, if a Winter card is active when a battle ends, it is immediately discarded with all the other cards before a new battle begins. No cards carry over from one battle to another.

Hope this helps - great game, by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
You are correct - a Winter card is discarded immediately after a Spring card is played and a Spring card is discarded immediately after a Winter card is played.

In addition, both cards only last for one battle. So, for example, if a Winter card is active when a battle ends, it is immediately discarded with all the other cards before a new battle begins. No cards carry over from one battle to another.

Hope this helps - great game, by the way.

Thanks - are you seeing this in the rules, or can you say where you found it? (The part about discarding it if a battle ends) I'm not seeing this in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It says discard all cards in your battle line (sping/winter included)when the battle ends. There will only be one spring or winter card at the end of the battle since YOU DISCARD THE OTHER ONE (spring/winter) AS SOON AS ANOTHER ONE (spring/winter) IS PLAYED.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two editions, but I assume you have the newer Fantasy Flight edition. If so, the answer is on page 8 in part of the section entitled "Concluding a Battle" (the section began on page 7). It reads:

Quote:
3. Discard Battle Lines
All the cards in each player's battle line are discarded. This is not optional.

Earlier in the rules on page 6, the battle line is defined as the face-up cards that a player places on the table in front of him. Thus, every card a player playes, whether a mercenary card or a special card, becomes part of the battle line. As stated in the quote above, all cards in that battle line must be discarded at the end of a battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok - thanks guys. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.