Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Escobedo
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my replacements a couple months ago. They were the old-style ones, but I still got them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wish they would just refund whatever money you feel you're owed for the generals, so that their time could be spent on finishing Republic of Rome instead of "very many and very recent emails" with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Riker
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have my originals in the package unopened.

To me, the whole thing was a Non-Event.

Once I saw that they were going to be Grey plastic and not the metal type, I decided to simply use the lovely cardboard ones.

I think VG should have walked away from the plastic general project.

The game doesn't need them, as the cardboard ones are terrific.

Seriously, name a cardboard counter in any of your games that is nicer than say Scipio Africanus?

(I will answer my question by pointing to Montcalm in Wilderness War, or Washington in We the People... but those are basically the same as Scipio)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the problem with the plastic generals now?! While needing a bit of glue out of the packaging, they are otherwise very cool... and much more importantly, they were very much FREE, at least for the pre-order crowd (of which I am a part)!!

Never look a gift-horse in the mouth...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Don't you have better things to do?
badge
Should you be reading this?
mbmbmbmbmb
Cantatta wrote:
What is the problem with the plastic generals now?! While needing a bit of glue out of the packaging, they are otherwise very cool... and much more importantly, they were very much FREE, at least for the pre-order crowd (of which I am a part)!!

erm, I know this is a Roman era game, but if you'd learn from the Trojan war, you really should look a gift horse in the mouth, at least, before you bring it into the city...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Riker
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, believe me, I was not complaining. Just saying that Grey plastic is Not as good as colorful counters.

Same issue w/Battlelore imo.

I think Battle Cry did it right: use different colored plastics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you mean. Painting is always an option, even if all you did was to spray-paint one side's generals a different, solid color. I'm not motivated enough to care either way, myself, just happy to have more toy soldiers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reedo wrote:
I want my minis. Was that unclear?

You probably aren't going to ever get them. Was THAT unclear?

To put it in a nicer manner, +I+ would get a nice set of them BEFORE +YOU+ would if there were any that weren't broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cantatta wrote:

Never make a promise you can't keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glass houses... stones... cast the first...

Horse... dead... beaten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
I wish they would just refund whatever money you feel you're owed for the generals, so that their time could be spent on finishing Republic of Rome instead of "very many and very recent emails" with you.

If we are talking about folks who pre-ordered the game that amount should be zero.

Let's move on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reedo wrote:
Cantatta wrote:

Completely false. They were not free, they were part of what was promised for a certain amount of money.

There is no such thing as a free lunch or a free mini.

Many people pre-ordered, like I did, BECAUSE they were promised minis.

I was then promised replacements.

I have received none.

Oh wise-one, please explain to me where I am wrong.

I am only asking for what I was promised.

-Jeremy

Pre-order customers got the game at a discount. That's why I participated - that and to ensure the game would be reprinted. If you only ordered the game because of the figs, I have to wonder at your priorities.

The figs were clearly advertised as a bonus. Go look up what bonus means. You've already got your money's worth, and a game that would never have been available to you otherwise (remember what the old Hannibals were going for on E-Bay).

So you feel cheated because you didn't get everything that some others did. "Jimmy got an ice cream cone and I didn't!" Honest, that's exactly how it sounds...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:

Horse... dead... beaten.

Not dead, just resting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
aaxiom wrote:

Horse... dead... beaten.

Not dead, just resting!

THERE! He moved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Leban
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reedo wrote:
[not quoting questionable post]
This is getting ridiculous. You just started another thread elsewhere about this same subject and now you have to dig this one out of the grave.

I understand you're unhappy. You're welcome to try to get your grievances addressed, but please understand that BGG is a community and you should be following the Community Rules. Please read them and reconsider your behaviour. I suggest you pick one thread and use that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TVDinner wrote:
Reedo wrote:
[not quoting questionable post]
This is getting ridiculous. You just started another thread elsewhere about this same subject and now you have to dig this one out of the grave.

I understand you're unhappy. You're welcome to try to get your grievances addressed, but please understand that BGG is a community and you should be following the Community Rules. Please read them and reconsider your behaviour. I suggest you pick one thread and use that one.

Quoted for truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:

So you feel cheated because you didn't get everything that some others did. "Jimmy got an ice cream cone and I didn't!" Honest, that's exactly how it sounds...

If time is money, that wanker could have bought out an entire inventory of GI Joe dolls at his local toy store and had toys he would actually freaking PLAY with.

The generals? They're useless in a game of Hannibal. Utterly.

I'm sorry, but I smell something fishy here, and it's not about generals or the like. I think this is somewhat nefarious, as it occurs with some degree of regularity, in spite of this (non-)issue being SEVERAL years old now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.