Battle Cattle» Forums » General

Subject: How to make cow miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Hansen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I finally found enough crazy people to play Battle Cattle. I wanted to play it in miniature but they don't make the miniatures anymore. This is what I did:

1. Purchase model railroad cow models in O scale. The models are roughly 1.5" long. I got 10 models on E-Bay for $10 including postage.

2. For weapons, use machine guns cut from "plastic army" guys that are sold at dollar stores. I cut Q-Tips and use the them as a gun plus plastic tubes that were paint brush covers. Various lengths of drinking straws can be used as well. For a "discharge" type of weapon, the cotton tip of a Q-Tip can be used.

3. Glue the weapons to the cow using a very thick glue. I use LocTite Household repair glue. Bases cut off from "plastic army guys" are great weapon platforms. Glue the bases to the cow's back and glue weapons on them.

4. Prime the weapons and the bases with black paint. I like to use the cheap paint in the squeeze bottle that craft stores sell. Then paint the weapons and the bases with a suitable color. The harnesses can be painted in any color.

5. I mount the cows on homemade hex pieces made out of matte board used for picture frames. Use tacky glue that is a thick white glue sold by craft stores.

6. I made extra tiles to determine the firing arcs and weapon ranges by laying the tiles end to end. The Wiz Kids Crimson Skies game uses this method.

These are only suggestions. Use what you want and have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.