United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Is this possible to pick up the ball, then throw it (maybe even after moving?) in the same turn? I can't seem to find anything on this anywhere. Could someone point me to the rule in the third edition book?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't point you to the rule...but you can indeed throw the ball after picking it up. You can do still do this in the 5.0 rules It wouldn't be much of a football game of you could not.

The only real addition is that now you have to declare you will pass with the about to move dude. If for any reason he does not, or changes his mind, you have lost your pass action for this turn.

But as it was in 3rd ed...you may step to the ball, pick it up, use any remaining movement, go for it up to 2 times if you wish and than make the pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woods
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, in the current rulebook, it covers your question perfectly. Right at the beginning of the "Throwing the Football" section, it says...

---
Once per team turn a player on the moving team is allowed to make a Pass action. The player is allowed to make a normal move, and after he has completed the move he may throw the football. Note that the player does not have to be holding the football at the start of the action: he could use his move to run over and pick up a dropped ball and then throw it, for example.
---

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.