United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BSG Game 09 - AustraliAsia!

Battlestar Galactica Online Game Session IX - AustraliAsia Geeklist

As I've become accustomed to Brian (ColtsFan)'s rules set, I am sort of copy/pasting his rules with a few adjustments.

"As we have a long and established waiting list, this game is by invite only. If you would like to particpate in the future, either as a player or moderator, please sign up here: BGG BattleStar Galactica Play-by-forum Waiting List ."

Players:
1. saikotanuki (Japan) - Checked in
2. billytea (Australia) - Checked in
3. Viny (Singapore) - Checked in
4. catweazles (Australia) - Checked in
5. amadan (Japan) - Checked in
6. ianwright (Australia) - Checked in

A few rules governing this game:
0) SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD. (I use the RSS Feeds)

1) I will moderate this game, take care of all game status updates through Photoshop, distribute all cards, and be arbitrator of any disputes. I will not particpate in the game play.

2) As previously stated, all players must have their own copies of the game as I am only going to publish card titles (this is an FFG request).

3) We will follow the FFG rules as best as possible, consult the latest FAQ as needed, and contact Corey on major issues that can not be resolved. This includes drawing for characters, secrecy rules, etc. Given the time it takes to get a return email back from Corey, I may have to make working rulings to keep the game flowing.

4) I am using Excel to randomize the cards in each deck. I will also use Excel to randomly generate a die value when that is necessary.

5) I will use GeekMail to send out all private information (such as type of Skill cards drawn, and type of Skill cards played into a check) but all other info will be public in this thread (such as quantity of Skill cards drawn, and title of Crisis card drawn). Direct player to player communication is discouraged (since I can't monitor it anyway) so all communication should be in the forum thread. Anyone can comment in the threads (including non-players) but players must discern what they listen to and what they ignore! However, please be courteous and treat players as you would be treated in your own games.

6) Once a turn has been completed, I will post the summary of the turn and the graphic of the game state in a GeekList.

7) Since the game state requires some work and Photoshop, I project only being able to complete a player turn a day, with a skill check taking an extra day. If play moves quicker, I will try to keep up.

8) It has proven useful in previous games to change your avatar to your character. if you don't have GG for an avatar, begging has proven useful! If you can't upload an avatar, no worries. Some of the other threads have used the method to post pictures before posting so they can be identified (both in game and well after if any reads these threads again).

In general, this is how turns will go:
("GeekMail" indicates private communication to only me and "Post" means public communication on this thread)

1) I will send you a GeekMail stating which Skill cards you drew. If you have a choice in the matter, please Post how many of each type you want. I will try my best to keep your Current Hands up to date, but if I forget to GeekMail you or I do not have the time to, the hands are yours to remember.

2) After you receive your cards, Post your Move and your Action along with any Applicable Interrupt (Skill cards or Special Abilities). Announce if a Skill Check is necessary. All orders should be in BOLD once finalized in order for me to execute them. I will assume anything NOT in bold is still open for discussion and subject to change.

3) When a Skill check is necessary, in player order, Post the quantity of Skill cards you are playing (if any) and immediately GeekMail the type of each. Once I have collected all Skill cards, I will randomly add two from the Destiny deck and declare the outcome. Time limit on skill checks is 12 hours before I continue the game.

4) If "interrupt" cards/abilities are played, it is each player's responsibility to declare when they want to use them. I may prompt for them the first few turns until we are comfortable that it can be handled fairly. (This will affect when I play Destiny Cards). Interrupts can be played in any player order (typically the current player has first call) and any disputes are resolved by the current player's choice.

5) I will Post the Crisis card, the current player (or appropriate player) will Post the choice. Skill checks will be handled as above. I will use Excel to randomly generate dice rolls.

6) If ships are to be activated, the current player will Post each "sector" to be resolved and Post any other decisions that are necessary. I have identified each space section with numbers and each Centurion with a color for easier communication.

7) If you are over your hand limit, GeekMail which cards are to be discarded.

8) If any choices are to be private, I will GeekMail the choices (such as the 2 destination cards for the admiral, etc.).

9) I will do my best to remember special Character abilities but I appreciate the reminder when your character comes up. I will not pause for "once per game" abilities so please be alert as to when you may be wanting to use them.

10) If we get tangled, I will rewind the current turn as best as possible. Any mistakes from previous turns not caught during that turn are locked and will not be replayed.

11) Please leave me with Conditional Orders (COs), especially in the sense of Skill checks, that I can activate when your turn comes up. These have proven to be very useful in the past games, and helps speed up the process a bit.

12) If anything seems questionable, please GeekMail me before Posting.

13) Any rules posted on the original threads (Game 01 and 02) are applicable here.

14) Have fun and good luck!

Once everyone has checked in and our crew is full, I will randomize player order and we will select characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You may want to take this post into account when selecting your character:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/42227/item/951844#item...

Helo has had a bad run, but all of the Politicians are due.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that post is pretty funny. I find it quite amusing that Baltar has NEVER been a Cylon... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
One last thing:

Please post what you'd like to be called by and your email address. (you can geekmail me that if you don't want to post your email openly.)

You'll probably be called by your character name in-game but it would help for future reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wright
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in and excited to be starting another game so soon. Please call me Ian (and my character name when we start). I'll send you a GM with my email address.

I'd also like to point out that my toaster avatar refers to the Caprica SIX game where I'm one of the many Cylon Helo models, and absolutely NOT this game where I will be completely human! I should change that before we start really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to have you on board! Only 3 left, and then I'll post the player order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You may want to take this post into account when selecting your character:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/42227/item/951844#item...

Helo has had a bad run, but all of the Politicians are due.
Afterall, if you repeat something enough times, things are bound to change eventually cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. You can call me billytea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright 2 left.

I've had a question regarding what mode of communication is preferred, geekmail or email.

Personally, I would not mind using either, but I'd like to have a general consensus on what is preferred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
For those interested, a new microbadge is available for purchase (I think MBs are going for 8 GG these days).

It is the Battlestar Galactica - Play by BGG Forum fan badge.

mb

http://boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/9814

It was designed by our very own Apollo 8.0,

David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent another message to our stragglers. Hopefully they will check in today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip E
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
seiyaaa wrote:

Sorry for the stragglin ... i'm in. You can call me catweazles. I'll drop you a GM with my email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javin Lum
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:

Checking in Madam President, I was held up in Caprica..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright! That is everyone!

I randomly assigned player order:

Viny
saikotanuki
amadan
billytea
ianwright
catweazles

In player order, choose a character.

First up is Viny: Choose a Political Leader, Military Leader, Pilot, or Support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember you are more than welcome to send me conditional orders for character selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javin Lum
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:
Alright! That is everyone!

I randomly assigned player order:

Viny
saikotanuki
amadan
billytea
ianwright
catweazles

In player order, choose a character.

First up is Viny: Choose a Political Leader, Military Leader, Pilot, or Support!

I would like to go for Laura Roslin.

Thank you all...please rise for the President laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Victoria (saikotanuki) it is your turn to pick.

Military Leader, Pilot, or Support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javin Lum
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my 1st PBF BSG, though i have played quite a few face to face BSG. So do forgive me if i stumble on the procedures by forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria S.
Japan
flag msg tools
mb
Hey all ^-^.

I'll choose Starbuck. Yay for female butt-kicking.

As for what to call me by, referring to me by character is a-okay with me, or Victoria's just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javin Lum
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viny wrote:
This is my 1st PBF BSG, though i have played quite a few face to face BSG. So do forgive me if i stumble on the procedures by forum.

Anyone knows how to add your name in? I did add mine in via "Paint"
but i cant seem to copy or attach the picture into the writing space here...any advice?

Or are you all Toasting Cylons!!shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javin Lum
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saikotanuki wrote:
Hey all ^-^.

I'll choose Starbuck. Yay for female butt-kicking.

As for what to call me by, referring to me by character is a-okay with me, or Victoria's just fine.

Good day Starbuck,
I trust you will serve the remaining remants of Mankind well..welcome Pilot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you already added it, try uploading the picture to your gallery. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/user/156333

Tell me if that works.

Anyway, CO from Amadan: Pick Saul Tigh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Next up is billytea. You have a choice between the remaining Political/Military Leaders, Pilots, and Support.

Also, I sent everyone an email. Can you reply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javin Lum
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Right got it..thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall pick the magnificent bastard, Gaius frakkin' Baltar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [55] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.