Clue: Harry Potter Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Surprisingly good movie tie-in version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Simon
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I like the changes added to this version of Clue and am rather impressed that this wasn't your average 'name change-only' movie tie-in, that most branded versions are for your average game.

We didn't own a copy of Clue at the time, so for Christmas we picked up Harry Potter Clue and were pleasantly surprised that it added some new game elements.

The House Points/Dark Mark instances basically add a health meter or timer of sorts to the game, depending on how you look at it. While some of it is just luck, it does change the strategy a bit by having you to decide whether you should hold up a movement to land on the Help card locations in the hallways. Also, you basically have to consider your overall speed in the game, lest you get knocked out early.

Had a play the other day that resulted in many unfortunate Dark Mark appearances. Three of the four players got knocked out of the game, leaving the remaining player to waltz over and win. They won because of all the Help cards they accumulated.

So, actually busting out of the game before someone figures out of the clues is certainly a possibility, meaning you do need to respect the changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I liked this version too. I felt that the race to the center was far too important to be able to look at all the leftover clue cards there. Getting there a couple turns before other players can help you win the game on deductions early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.