Popular Tags: [View All]
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I have a world with a special power for Phase 4 ($). Someone else selects Phase 4 (2x). I did not select either Phase 4 action. Am I allowed to use my special power?

And vice-versa...I have a world with a regular consume power but they play Consume ($).

I assume I can use any Phase 4 power when Phase 4 comes around...maybe all the Phase 4 ($) powers only apply when you're trading and therefore you couldn't use them unless you have the trade bonus anyway. But I'm not 100% sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
rockhpi wrote:
Let's say I have a world with a special power for Phase 4 ($). Someone else selects Phase 4 (2x). I did not select either Phase 4 action. Am I allowed to use my special power?

Nope. The $ is a special action reserved only for the players who picked it. You still have to consume, but only using the rates on your consume worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use consume IV abilities anytime someone plays a consume phase card, but you can only use consume $ abilities if you play consume trade. If you have the black market trading world, you can consume trade without playing the consume trade phase card (as long as someone else played any consume phase card), but you cannot apply powers to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys...that's what I thought but wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, you _must_ use Consume powers (Phase IV), if possible.

You can choose the order in which they are used. However, if any player, including yourself, plays either Consume action you must consume any goods you have using the Phase IV powers available in your tableau.

joshp wrote:
You can use consume IV abilities anytime someone plays a consume phase card, but you can only use consume $ abilities if you play consume trade. If you have the black market trading world, you can consume trade without playing the consume trade phase card (as long as someone else played any consume phase card), but you cannot apply powers to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joshp wrote:

This is the only card that lets you apply Trade ($) powers during the Consume (IV) phase, which is Trade League...

Technically, it isn't a Consume Trade. It's a Consume (IV) with the effect of a Consume Trade ($). I believe this only comes up concerning timing issues of who draws cards first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo
Germany
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's the only card next to your very own "Phase IV - Consume Action Card" that let you apply trade powers to a trade.

But here comes a question concerning this card: Do you have to trade with Trade League? Missing something like "You may discard..." on the card so I would read it as "You must discard..." as consumption is not optional. Then again, it's a consume power, but no consumption... is it?
Nevermind, just found the answer myself: it is not optional, as I guessed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tyrfing wrote:
Well, it's the only card next to your very own "Phase IV - Consume Action Card" that let you apply trade powers to a trade.

But here comes a question concerning this card: Do you have to trade with Trade League? Missing something like "You may discard..." on the card so I would read it as "You must discard..." as consumption is not optional. Then again, it's a consume power, but no consumption... is it?
Nevermind, just found the answer myself: it is not optional, as I guessed.

Yes, it's mandatory, but it only affects one good. Plus, of course, you are free to invoke your consume powers in the order you choose. So if you have goods you'd rather spend for VP, you may invoke your VP-producing consume powers first (assuming you have them) before invoking the Trade League power. If you're left with no goods by the time you get to Trade League, then obviously you can't invoke its power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futurescaper wrote:
Remember, you _must_ use Consume powers (Phase IV), if possible.

Thanks for that. Slipped my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.