Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

just a short question, since the german "unofficial" translation is in my opinion a little bit different as compared to the english one.....

Therefore my question: How many agents am I allowed to place during my development phase? It is clear, that I`m only allowed to place 1 agent in 1 region during my turn....but am I allowed to place 2 agents in 2 different regeionts for 2 actions during my turn?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
The English American? version states, "You may plant only one agent per region in a given development turn, but over time you may accumulate multiple agents in the same region".

I read that to mean that regardless of the number of actions you have during that development turn, only one of those actions can be used for the planting of an agent. Your other actions during that same development turn must be 'Expand your Empire' actions.

That is one guy's opinion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I read that to mean that regardless of the number of actions you have during that development turn, only one of those actions can be used for the planting of an agent

Hmm..sure...? I have doubts, since the board is very soon full with chips....therefore you aren`t able to use Level 3 of your Development stage at a very early timepoint in the game, since because of the lack of empty regions you aren`t able to expand anymore.....

In other words: The board is very soon full of chips and therefore and expansion isn`t able anymore....so you have to place agents.....in your case, I would only be allowed to place 1 agents and all the other actions would expire....

That`s why I was asking this
In general I`m of the same opinion as you, but in this sepcific case I´m not sure.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Braz wrote:
Quote:
I read that to mean that regardless of the number of actions you have during that development turn, only one of those actions can be used for the planting of an agent

Hmm..sure...? I have doubts, since the board is very soon full with chips....therefore you aren`t able to use Level 3 of your Development stage at a very early timepoint in the game, since because of the lack of empty regions you aren`t able to expand anymore.....

Nope, not sure. I have only played once and we concentrated on destroying each other quickly. The dice were kind to one of us but not so much for the other two. I am sure that none of us placed more than one agent per dev turn. Mass hysteria?

Upon rereading more slowly, I can see a much stronger argument for your position of using multiple actions to place agents in different regions as long as no region got more than one agent during the same development turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nowen Brian Fernandez
Canada
flag msg tools
my $ 0.02...

It didn't say
"You may plant only one agent in a given development turn"

It said...
"You may plant only one agent per region in a given development turn"

So if you had 3 actions during Dev turn...
you may put 1 agent on one region
another agent on a different region
and another one on a different region

Did it satisfy "You may plant One Agent Per Region during this Development Turn"?

I think yes.

Happy Gaming!
:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, then we played it correctly

Thanks to all feedbacks!

Regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am glad that you asked this question so that my group will get it right in the future.

Thanks,

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.