BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM

Subject: Newbie looking for Wif game (Vassal) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brage Tørmænen
Norway
flag msg tools
Hello.
I'm looking for a patient opponent who can help me out in learning a little about WiF. I own a copy of the boardgame bought years ago, but I never got around to playing it because all my friends got scared with the rulebook I'm fairly familiar with hex and counter type boardgames and have read the rules maybe 5 times, although it's hard to remember it all
I'd like to start out with operation barbarossa just to get a hang on the mechanics of the game.
Anyone feeling up for the task?

Brage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Brandon
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi Brage,

We may be almost what you are looking for...
You are invited to join our online gaming group and play WiF online without Vassal. You only need your browser.

I know you wanted to start with a certain scenario but if you join the Japanese team you will get a lot of individual instruction regarding WiF play from both the player currently a member there and the moderator team.

We use WIF as the main strategic system with a few house-rule changes.

Its free too! We are not soliciting for a business... we are simply players who have purchased and love the game and also love gaming the period, especially in what-if mode.

If you have any interest in checking things out go to...

http://www.wwiiwhatif.com/gameday.htm

If you like what you see and wish to join us... email me!

Thanks

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.