BattleLore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can Giant Spider gain ground? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarosław Czaja
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if the question had been already asked but I haven't found it. The rulebook (p. 28) doesn't specify that only foot unit can gain ground. The summary cards however do. Giant Spider is nor a foot, neither a mounted unit. So is he/she allowed to gain ground or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The summary cards do not specify that only foot units can gain ground - the medieval tactics summary card does specify that both foot and mounted units may gain ground, but does not address creatures. The rule book does address all units in the "Conducting Follow-on Actions" section on page 28. Any unit (unless special rules or unit specific rules supercede) that forces a defending unit off its original hex during a close combat attack may gain ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Riecken
Germany
Jena
Thuringia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang! I realized only now (after 10 plays) that I got it all wrong.
For some reason I thought that gaining ground is also exclusively for mounted units blush

Thanks for the initial question
Otherwise I would have never realized my mistake. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarosław Czaja
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Todd. Now our spider will gain ground devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome

Also, I meant to add to my post that while the summary cards are nice reminders, they do not include the detail that the rule book does and should not be treated as the best source for rules questions.

Enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.