Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm looking for a map portion that shows not only some large cities, Federal Military Bases and ghost towns but also a desert, some farming territory, a mountain range and perhaps some coastal waters.

Is there anywhere that holds all the areas? Could you direct me via major city name, costal area or even military base so that I could MapQuest it and get a print out for some reading.

thanks for the help.

The Rockies seems to fit but I'm not totally sure... I'm hoping someone more familiar with the locale could sorta push me in one way or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
careful! you dont want to go on any FBI secret lists :S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
Take a look at the area around anchorage alaska. There is an air force base about a mile out of town, and mountains all around. It;s on the coast, there are some flat areas to the north (a bit - maybe too far). No ghost towns that I know of though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb

Odgen/Salt Lake City area of Utah:
Hill Air Force base
desert
largish city (Salt Lake City)
mountains
no ocean, but (shallow) Salt Lake is near
farming
not sure about ghost towns, probably not

Colorado Springs, CO (maybe? I'm not from there)
At least one Air Force base
Denver is an hour away
mountains
farming
not sure about desert, but at least dry prairie
no ocean however
not sure about ghost towns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Las Cruces, New Mexico.
Mountains
Farmlands
Desert
Military base (White Sands proving ground, where they test missiles)
Ghost towns (old mining towns, mine shafts, etc.)
No oceans, just the Rio Grande river
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost towns: http://www.ghosttowns.com/ (beware loud background music, you've been warned)

Military bases: http://military-hotels.us/ (okay, it's hotels NEAR bases, but that's fine)

Given those are your biggest constraints, I'd start with a crossreference there and look for the rest of the elements in overhead photos on google at an appropriate distance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Taylor
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as a fellow Canuck, I suggest you take a closer look at the southern 1/3 of BC.

Vancouver, Victoria (and of course Seattle WA is close) for major cities.

There are CFB bases in Abbotsford, Kitsilano, Victoria and Vernon I believe.

Ghost towns up in the interior/Kootenays region, between the deserts of Osooyos and the southern Okanagan and the Rockies. The Okanagan grows fruit and vegetables, and farther north in the Cariboo region there's a lot of ranching, hay farming etc... And of course, there's BC's west coast, with Vancouver Island, Saltspring and the other islands of the inside passage, as well as the coastal mountains.

If you want to go further afield, there are more military bases and lots of farming in Alberta as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd actually considered the mainland and Vancouver Island... only problem is that there isn't any real waterborne technology available until the latter part of mid game. If people get stuck on the Island they might get kinda hooped. Besides... it's still too cold here in the winters for good gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.