Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hong
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did horse wagons in ww2 pull guns in WW2 like you can in CoH? wiki says that a 5cm pak38 is about 830 kg (1,829.84 lb) in weight. I dont know much about horses, but that's amazing if they pulled that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Strope
United States
kansas city
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read that both sides used far more horse drawn carriages than trucks. A team of 2 horses could pull that fairly easily through non-rough terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

A few years ago I read "Soldat" (http://www.amazon.com/Soldat-Reflections-German-Soldier-1936...), by a German that fought on various fronts in WWII. I seem to recall him mentioning that early in the war (in Italy I think) a lot of their artillery was hauled around by horse (or maybe mule), so I assume that the guns were on wagons, or wheels anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Wagons no, limbers yes. The Germans and Soviets both used lots of horse drawn transport for artillery, supply etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lockett
England
flag msg tools
German PAK guns also came with straps so that men could pull them around. Four men can pull a PAK36 around quite quickly, so I'm sure two horses would have no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Nelmes
Wales
Machynlleth
Powys
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the German Army the majority of their artillery was horse drawn right up until the end of the war (as was much of their ammo and equipment transport).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.