Subject: Fighters on the clock & Ace squadrons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When I place fighters on the clock from the inflight box and their "turn" comes up later, what happens if the new raid contains no fighters, or the number of fighters required is less than what's on the clock? Do they proceed back to the inflight box in this case? I'm assuming that I will always select fighters from the clock before fighters at the base, right?

2. I can have a squadron become an Ace during either step 8 or 13 of the raid phase, correct? If I promote a squadron to Ace after step 8, do they immediately get to Ace and use that advantage in step 13? Or do they wait to use the advantage in the next raid?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravenbro wrote:
1. When I place fighters on the clock from the inflight box and their "turn" comes up later, what happens if the new raid contains no fighters, or the number of fighters required is less than what's on the clock? Do they proceed back to the inflight box in this case? I'm assuming that I will always select fighters from the clock before fighters at the base, right?

You NEVER select fighters from the clock! All fighters from the clock (from space for the current time and earlier times) are moved to their airbases during the first step of Airfield Operations Phase (after Clock Update step of previous raid). So, when the new raid deployment occurs, the fighters Gruppen from the clock are already available.
Quote:
2. I can have a squadron become an Ace during either step 8 or 13 of the raid phase, correct? If I promote a squadron to Ace after step 8, do they immediately get to Ace and use that advantage in step 13? Or do they wait to use the advantage in the next raid?

Squadron can become an ace squadron during hunter attack only, not as a result of squadron attack (19.41, 19.42).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Andrzej is correct. Only full Gruppen at airbases may be assigned to raids. Fighter Gruppen on the clock move to airbases during the Operations Phase if they occupy the current or earlier time space.

A squadrons may only become an ace during Hunter Attack. A squadron that becomes an ace gains the benefits immediately, including a row shift in the ensuing Squadron attack against bombers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys - I missed seeing the rules on "German Turnaround" during the Airfield operations step!

Thanks for clearing up the question about being an Ace - it makes sense to earn one of those against the Me109's than against a Ju87!

Loving the game so far...each raid day contains many more raids than the original so it's much more intense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.