Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm having a recurring dream of a fist fight that ends with the other guy dropping to his knee and doing a lunge punch into my crotch. Rather than stopping there though it goes into a rap routine where they do the squeaky record thing and the guy keeps doing that jerky back and forth video thing where they replay the same moment over and over as they sing.

Why am I telling you this? Because rap music and video techniques aside... is it wrong to hoof or punch a man in the balls during a fight? Before this dream I would have said it's whatever ends the fight with the least damage to both individuals... now after the dream I'm not as liberal with my happysac mistreatment.

Strangely enough I think Kim must have kicked me in my sleep because I don't remember any other dream where it hurt this much upon waking unless it was a muscle spasm.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's generally bad form. I'd only do it if at least one of the following apply:

-The guy is bigger/stronger and will probably destroy me
-The guy started the fight unprovoked and deserves it
-The guy is trying to rob or murder me or mine
-I'm losing the fight and it's my last option
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone totally unqualified to answer this question, my answer would be well it depends.

If it were a fair right (as if I would agree to fight to begin with) then no.

Under just about all other circumstances and I needed to get away from dude who was attacking me -- sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have successfully avoided all fisticuffs since my freshman year at college. At my current age, 58 and 362/365ths years, I believe it would be ok for me to kick the other guy in the testicles during a fight providing I could raise my leg fast enough and high enough without falling over and breaking a hip. It's not something I'm going to practice.

That said, I suddenly have the urge to take my pistols to Open Range and run through some short range, off hand rapid fire exercises.

Editted to tell this story. (Oh yeah, in my last fist fight, I was fumbling around trying to unlock my dorm room door when I was ambushed by a sober guy. I managed to hit my opponent on his fist with my face...twice! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As a peace-loving, slightly built person who was pretty skinny in the good ol' high school days I will say this -- it is wrong to not at least make an attempt on the other guy's nuts.

If you want to walk away from the fight, that is.

Whether kicking, kneeing, punching, yanking, slapping or grab & pull: the nuts are fair game in my view.

* I kneed a guy in the nuts and it ended that fight.
* I kicked a guy in the nuts and he continued fighting, but not as enthusiastically
* Another time I kicked a guy so hard he limped for a day or so (it was a fight-ending kick). The problem was that I also broke mjy foot when I kicked him. My dad gave me HTH combat advice after that, instructing me to move in close, grab the shirt, pull and knee the groin. Much better results, for sure. Also puts you in a good position to stomp down on the guy's instep.
* I once took my belt, with cowboy buckle, and hit my much larger opponent with the buckle as the opening shot to the fight. It ended without him throwing a punch.
* At a pool hall in LA a huge guy decided to beat me to a pulp and was well on his way to success when I seized his nut sac in my right hand (last ditch effort, I was already on the ground and he was squatting above me pounding away) and pulled with all my strength. He got up, grimaced, and left the pool hall.

I have been kicked in the nuts as well. Few things in life are more painful.

I also believe it is a-okay to bite ears, gouge eyeballs, head butt noses, grab bricks, rocks and handy tools and use just about anything you have in your inventory to end the scuffle quickly.

Perhaps Kim is mad at you and it was no accident? Maybe you should get a baseball cup and strap it on before falling asleep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Krav Maga teaches groin strikes of an integral part of ending fights and breaking holds. However, the training is predicated on situations considerably more serious than two dudes posturing in front of their wimmins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Here's the question -- why are you fighting?

If you are in real danger and you don't do anything you can to get away unharmed, you're being stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
As a peace-loving, slightly built person who was pretty skinny in the good ol' high school days I will say this -- it is wrong to not at least make an attempt on the other guy's nuts.

Whether kicking, kneeing, punching, yanking, slapping or grab & pull: the nuts are fair game in my view.

* I kicked a guy in the nuts and he continued fighting, but not as enthusiastically
* Another time I kicked a guy so hard he limped for a day or so (it was a fight-ending kick). The problem was that I also broke mjy foot when I kicked him. My dad gave me HTH combat advice after that, instructing me to move in close, grab the shirt, pull and knee the groin. Much better results, for sure. Also puts you in a good position to stomp down on the guy's instep.
* I once took my belt, with cowboy buckle, and hit my much larger opponent with the buckle as the opening shot to the fight. It ended without him throwing a punch.
* At a pool hall in LA a huge guy decided to beat me to a pulp and was well on his way to success when I seized his nut sac in my right hand (last ditch effort, I was already on the ground and he was squatting above me pounding away) and pulled with all my strength. He got up, grimaced, and left the pool hall.

I also believe it is a-okay to bite ears, gouge eyeballs, head butt noses, grab bricks, rocks and handy tools and use just about anything you have in your inventory to end the scuffle quickly.

Perhaps Kim is mad at you and it was no accident? Maybe you should get a baseball cup and strap it on before falling asleep.

How the crap do you get in so many fights!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edosan wrote:
Here's the question -- why are you fighting?

If you are in real danger and you don't do anything you can to get away unharmed, you're being stupid.

I haven't the slightest idea why I'm fighting... it's a dream and I always phase in maybe a minute before the punch... doesn't matter if I recognize the dream or not... the guy always shouts something, drops to a knee and does a lunge punch to my balls and then the rap music starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

When Kim is cold she runs in her sleep. If she was mad she'd wake up and glare at me until I woke up and then she'd glare at me more and then roll over and go back to sleep. It's only in the morning that you get told what a bastard you are for doing whatever it was that happened in her dreams. I love my girl but she's a strange cookie sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
I'm a big guy and I've been in a lot of fights, though I haven't been in one since I turned thirty (this makes me proud). Actually, to be honest, I've been beat up a lot, 'cos I hate fighting and can't usually bring myself to throw a punch to defend myself. I've punched guys from time to time, but it made me nauseous for weeks. Lemme tell you, being a big guy don't necessarily mean shit: a fight's going to be won by the guy who likes to fight more, and being a big guy who doesn't like fighting just makes you more of a target and a trophy for assholes. So in that case, if you're being aggressed on and you ain't into that shit: fuck it, Tripp's right. Nuts are fair game if it ends things quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes is right. Big guys that give off a vibe that they won't fight back are often targets. Also smaller guys with a lot of attitude (like DW) are regular targets. Insecure jerks are looking for one or the other when they pick out a target for their aggression.

If you're being targeted for a random act of violence I say go for the sack.

I had a guy try to fight me just a couple of weeks ago, but he was about six inches shorter and 60 pounds lighter than I am. He was right up in my face (well, my neck) and I had absolutely no motivation to engage him. Fighting him is lose/lose situation for me because I can either win and accomplish what was expected of a guy in my weight class or lose and look like a total chump. So I told him I was sorry but that we wouldn't be fighting. I did have respect for his guts. Maybe he was a mixed martial arts black belt or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Biting, a la Mike Tyson????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing I hated about the bar scene in College is there are always guys looking to fight, you really need to be able to walk away from it and just ignore it. I was told I was a bully in grade school, till 8th grade and I fought all the time, mainly just beat up other kids, I had older brothers who really beat the shot out of me and basically tortured me so I was very tough and a bit of a wild child, then in 8th grade I realized how stupid it was - there are only 2 options in a fight really - I hurt someone else or I get hurt ( or both ) and I did not want any part of either. I got in 1 fight in high school with a friend over a food fight and I was bigger so I let him have the first punch and he got me good right in the mouth, but I just could not hit him, so I just threw him down and sat on him, and it was basically over. I stopped a few fights at or outside bars and a few times really thought I was going to get my ass kicked for trying to stop a falling down drunk guy from kick stomped.

So I have no desire to fight, but if someone is threating me or mine - yea I will go for the balls, but more likely it is life and death or my wife is in trouble, I will be on their back and rip their eyes with out a 2nd thought.

A fight is like a little war - and all is fair in love and war

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:

I'm having a recurring dream of a fist fight that ends with the other guy dropping to his knee and doing a lunge punch into my crotch. Rather than stopping there though it goes into a rap routine where they do the squeaky record thing and the guy keeps doing that jerky back and forth video thing where they replay the same moment over and over as they sing.

you may want to remove the ring before sleeping, I think it will take care of the dreams

otherwise agree with the first reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiny Epic Trickster
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't fought since high school 40 yrs ago, and had few skills and little aptitude for it even then. However, if I was confronted with a situation so desperate that it forced me to violence, I'd hope I wouldn't stand on formality. If I've not avoided fighting it could be a last stand and I'd do anything to walk away.

I consulted the Fount of All Common Wisdom on this subject and it disgorged one of my favorite fights:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
How the crap do you get in so many fights!?!

Heh. I haven't been in a fight for decades. But... I had the misfortune of not being raised in a peaceful American Graffiti type of setting. Lots of Pachuco wannabes and tons of posturing cowboy rednecks. Those guys LOVE to fight.

And yeah Randy... I've bit, scratched and hit people with rocks, sticks and even thrown dirt in their face. I'm not some tiny little guy... about average... but as Jarred says I have always been a bit outspoken and not the least bit shy. I started exactly one fight in my entire youth. The rest.... maybe 20-30 total... were exactly what you'd expect from the era and region.

I dislike fighting, hate unneeded violence as well. But I was (am) willing to suffer pain and perfectly fine with causing as much damage as possible before getting the crap beat out of me.

Fighting is stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Many moons ago, a friend came up to me after school on the last day of school before summer. He wanted me to come with him because some kid had been hassling him all year long about how he knew karate and was going to kick his butt. Well, finally on the last day of school, my friend said fine I'll meet you out back after school. He thought his opponent might bring a friend so he wanted me to come with him. I don't know why because I've never been in a real fight in my life. I've even walked away from two (DW did you ever live in FL?). Anyway there we are. Yes, he brought one friend. I kinda knew him so we just nodded at each other.

So, my friend had studied Martial Arts too, actually for many years. He was at that stage where he had learned not to brag about it and that it was training and not something to threaten people with. I can't remember if he was a black belt yet, but he was at least a brown belt at that point (for what ever colors are worth).

So, they square off. My friend starts getting light on his feet and this guy gets close to him. I friend jumps up. Kicks him in one side of the face, spins around and kicks him in the other side of the face and he stumbles back a bit. He's a bit stunned, but then starts complaining that 'it's not fair' 'you can't use feet in a fight' 'I can't do that, so you shouldn't'. The other three of us are now in shock. My friend said something like. 'Hey, you wanted to fight me, since when are there rules to fighting?' I think his friend was the first to shake his head and walk away. Followed by us.

I'm a pacifist, that's why I walk away, because in a fight, if you fight it is to HURT the other person. Then again, I was also taught that the purpose of a gun was to kill someone. So, if you pull a gun on someone, you shoot to kill, not to hurt.

It's a fight. You are in it to beat up the other person. Either you choose to fight or you were attacked. Either way, fair game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:

I'm a pacifist,

You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly suspect you're reliving one of Johnny Cage's special moves. I think he's the one that goes for the jumblies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a fight. The object is to hurt the other person. So if a kick or a punch to the junk hurts the other person, so be it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all a part of my secret training. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are in a fight. Nothing less of total domination is acceptable, unless you like dying or being maimed. Going for the testicles as well as any other technique is goodness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
How can it be wrong to do something in a dream? Sheesh, I always thought dreams where I slept with women other than my wife were a free pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
I always thought dreams where I slept with women other than my wife were a free pass.

They are. So long as you don't tell her what a good lay the dream lady was.

In addition, dreams your wife has where you act inappropriately always require an apology on your part and a promise to never do that again... even in her dreams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.