Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Attention all COH junkies -

What I'm doing is self publishing a simple card game that uses tank illustrations configured to look like board wargame counters. The illustrations are a series I commissioned from PanzerVince and feature 35 different WWII armored vehicles. I also use the vehicle stats from the CONFLICT OF HEROES game system by permission. The result is each card has two armored vehicle 'counters' on it. The artwork is the kicker - if you go to

http://ww2armor.jexiste.fr/index.htm

-you'll be able to see many of the illustrations Vincent prepared for my game WWII TANKS [pretty clever title, even if I do say so myself]. Anybody that would like to see an example of a finished card can always email me directly.

cehendrix@sbcglobal.net

The SENAKY part is this - the game system itself is pretty simple. It is a matching game with elements of Rummy and Old Maid. It is simple enough for 8 year olds, yet there's enough there to keep the attention of adults. So while you get a game that is simple and fun and appears on the surface to be just a basic matching game involving lots of cool tanks beautifully illustrated- the subliminal message is you're actually playing with wargame 'counters'.

I'm using the vehicle stat numbers from CONFLICT OF HEROES to put numbers on the 'counter' to seriously enhance the 'subliminal' effect. Only wargamers will understand the point of all the numbers - there will be a 'permission/legend' card explaining what the numbers represent, but most kids and wives will just gloss over and ignore them and accept the numbers as just part of the landscape. My hope is, the kids will get interested in what the numbers mean, ask dad what it's all about, and dad will be able to walk little Johnny or Susie into the basement or garage and show off one of those cool wargames he's in the middle of. Suddenly, the interest will peak because what seemed foreign before is now something that we all had fun with when the kid was playing with the cards. Hopefully the missus won't miss this exchange as dad bonds with child and all those wargames will seem at least a BIT more acceptable - certainly less threatening, because this is a game you can play with the wife, the kids and casual friends and subtly introduce them to a familiarity with and a comfort level for board wargames. Besides, it's also just a FUN game with cool tanks on all the cards!

I thought it was a great idea - hope you agree.

I could use a little help, though. I have a list of the vehicles that I need the CONFLICT OF HEROES stats for. I looked here on BGG to get as many of the stats as I could, but that only resulted in 8 of the 35. The stats are these-

A - ACTION POINTS
B - MOVE POINTS
FIREPOWER [ C - EXPLOSIVE / D - ARMOR PIERCING]
E - RANGE
ARMOR [ F - FLANK / G - FRONT]

So, for example, the Pzkw III J came out as-

A - B [ C / D ] E [ F / G ]
3 - 1 [ 4 / 9 ] 10 [ 14 / 17 ]

Uwe has my list, but he is a bit busy these days, so I thought maybe I could save him some time if I could get you guys to pass me along the stats from your COH games. If you have the stats, please just send them directly to my email above. I need stats for the following vehicles:

US
M-24 Chaffee
M3A5 Grant
M-10 WOLVERINE
Comet
M-3 GRANT

ALLIED
FT-17
H-35
CHAR-B1
Sherman Firefly
M7 Priest

BRITISH
Matilda
Valentine
Crusader
Cromwell
M3A3 Stuart

RUSSIAN
SU-100
7TP [POLISH]

GERMAN
King Tiger
Hetzer
Jagdpanzer
JagdTiger
BRUMMBAR

AXIS
Type 95 (JPN)
Type 97 (JPN)
M15/42 (Italian)
Toldi IIa (Hungarian)
T-38 (Romanian)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Your Buddy, Chester

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I put the PZIII card on the gallery so you can see it here. Just click on the image and you'll see it large. But please email me directly if you have stats for any vehicles on the list - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.