Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Formula D» Forums » General

Subject: Would Formula D be more fun with 2 players if each person played two cars? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Boyko
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in picking this up, but I play mostly with just my girlfriend. It seems that you would need a good number of cars on the track for the game to be enjoyable. I have almost written it off for this reason. However, I'm wondering if it would be easy/fun for two players to each play two cars. Can anyone take a guess at this? I've never played a racing game before.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
We play this now with two cars each........and sometimes we use a 5th car that we alternate control over............makes the track much more crowded and let me tell you that the 5th car is one crazy bastard when it comes to risk taking.

The game is much better with more cars on the track..........when we have a third person we still run two cars each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2- or 3- and probaly 4-player game, you shouldn't play with one car each. If there are only 2 players in the game, I would even consider giving 3 cars to each person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hiatt
United States
OFallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2 to 4 playes, we always use two players per car. As said previoiusly, the more cars on the track there more fun that ensues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Boyko
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks everyone! Formula D is back on my radar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Gossett
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
It is definitely more fun when one person has two cars, so that teamwork comes into play. I find it extremely enjoyable to have a constructor's championship going where each player controls a team of two cars, and the winner is the player with the highest number of total points from both cars. This is good, because you don't always have to finish 1st to do well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome - thanks - FD is back on my radar again too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calm Fluffy Bunnies
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why stop at 2 each? In our league we always have as close to a full 10 car track as we can. If only 3 people show up they race 3 cars each. The extra traffic is pure fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
I play the same way when running a game with only 2-3 players. The game isn't really that great unless you've got 6+ cars on the board. Just remember to police the other players and make sure their wear gets assigned to the right car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
with 2 players i play 5 cars each.

armoredgear7 wrote:
I play the same way when running a game with only 2-3 players. The game isn't really that great unless you've got 6+ cars on the board. Just remember to police the other players and make sure their wear gets assigned to the right car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.