Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone received their copy of the game that was due to ship in May? I pre-ordered in February, but haven't seen or heard anything. No reply to email, and now I see a notice saying later in the year....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Bing
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Doug

I have been calling all clients to inform them of the May delivery postponement. I'm sorry that I have missed contacting you (I think I still have a dozen or so people to contact by the end of this week).

In fact what has happened Doug is that I have decided to use my remaining First Edition stock of games here in Lyon, France for customers who had placed 'May-delivery' orders.

The reason behind this is that as a 1 man operation I am trying to plan the co-release with another product in the USA in October in order to save shipping/production/storage costs.

Also, I still need some more time to rewrite the new Game Guide to include a few extra important points.

An important thing to note is that the October edition will contain the Wollemi pine trees (a planned expansion item) as standard. As I will be updating all First Edition customers with the new Game Guide later in the year, I will also include the Wollemi pines with this postal item.

This means that all clients who currently have a game (or are waiting on a game) will receive the new Game Guide and Wollemi pine trees around October as well.

I'm holding off until October because I will also take the opportunity to present my new Children's Book/game project Pinky-Li in the same mailing (www.pinky-li.com) during the lead-up to Christmas.

Once again I'm sorry not to have contacted you earlier Doug. Your's and other games have started to be shipped from France these past few days, and I'm still busy trying to play catch-up with my list of US (and Aussie/Canadian) clients.

I'll let you know by email as soon as your's is on it's way Down Under.

Cheers for now
Marco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comprehensive reply, Marco!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco,

Are the Rogue Bear and Boulders and Dynamite expansions still planned for October as well?

If so, would it be possible to consider allowing the purchase of them to be shipped with the updated game guide and Wollemi pines when the time comes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wystan Benbow
United States
Stoneham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Blazars are a special type of active galaxy that indirectly pay for my boardgame habit
badge
Life is good!
mbmbmbmbmb

I just want to give some props to Marco. Given the cost I saw on
the shipping receipt he sent me, he has to be taking a loss on these games in order for us to receive them near the date he promised (May shipment). I can think of many larger companies that wouldn't have done so & it is a commendable effort for him to make good on his promises.

I'm looking forward to receiving my copy, which was sent on May 20, 2009.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Bing
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks Wystan for the kind words!

Yeah, the cost of postage has basically chewed up my profit margin, but I consider it's money well spent while the game is still in it's infancy.

I'm using the shipping occassion for a little cross-marketing as well. You will see noted on the invoice a web link towards some other products I have underway for Christmas this year. One is a children's book/game (www.pinky-li.com) and the other is "FridgePix" (not game related but an interesting storage idea for your bills, photos, etc on the fridge door with an integrated calendarwww.fridgepix.net).

I'm still updating both websites to include online payment for individuals by October this year (as they are currently used for commercial purposes while I start to door knock many French companies).

Pinky-Li is great if you have kids aged 4-7 or 4-8 years old. I have included a very basic roll and move boardgame for the kids, and, as a little take on Timber Tom, the die also has the same number values of 3/4/5 ;-) The first book "The Bad Mushroom" will be available in English and French, with Spanish page layouts currently underway.

I have also been really thrilled with the replies and following from BGG users for Timber Tom. I hope this continues for my other products! It was a Timber Tom player from Paris that informed me of my nomination on the Dice Tower for "Best Game Designer 2008"! Tome Vasel now has a game on the way to South Korea so my fingers are crossed that it will bring a smile to his face as well!

Got to fly gents. Thanks again for your comments et â bientôt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Bing
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
Progmode wrote:
Marco,

Are the Rogue Bear and Boulders and Dynamite expansions still planned for October as well?

If so, would it be possible to consider allowing the purchase of them to be shipped with the updated game guide and Wollemi pines when the time comes?

Still working hard to achieve this release for 2009. Only time will tell.

If I can reduce the packaging for the expansions to just a very small box, yes, it may be possible to send everything together. I need to study USA sized envelopes and/or parcels to see "how" and "how much" this will cost. I'll keep you posted here on BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer the OP. I just got mine today. It looks even better in person. Thanks for the excellent service, Marco.

I'll do my best to get this played by Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
United States
Athol
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco, I look forward to the expansions and supporting your efforts.

If the expansions could be shipped at the same time users would pay postage (for the expansions) and in the end hopefully save you some cash by including the additional items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marco,

I received a call from you about 3 weeks ago reporting the game would ship in about a week. Great customer service by the way, I never expected a phone call from you and was pleasantly surprised. No rush or anything I just wondered if it had shipped. If not that is fine I can wait I just wanted to make sure it wasn't lost somewhere in the postal system.

Bart Brunscheen
Wichita Kansas
USA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Marco gave me a call also. This was followed up with an e-mail showing a copy of the mailing label (about 20 May). Using tracking, I see that the package itself was sent to the US on the 27th of May but has yet to arrive. Seems it is taking a bit longer to make it to me, but I would give it a bit more time before declaring the package lost

Edit - My parcel just arrived two minutes ago. So they are out there making their way through the mail and being delivered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Richard. I never received an email about shipment but my spam catcher might have grabbed it. I'll keep my eyes open and maybe get an update from Marco. His customer service has been great so I'm not worried at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudine Finlay
United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
He's eating a Dungeon Lord imp...
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me who is doing the shipping? Is is ups, fedex, or the postal service? I am hoping the postal service because I have a notice that says a package is waiting for me as it was too big to deliver to our mailbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
My package was shipped from France using Colisimo Post and delivered in the US by the US Postal Service. And yes, it was a large box and required a signature when delivered. The tracking number on the invoice mailing label that Marco sent (13 digits ending FR) can be tracked in the USPS website also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudine Finlay
United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
He's eating a Dungeon Lord imp...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I finally got my tracking number this morning. Hoping to play soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an email last week saying my game was on the way. I was pleasantly astonished to receive a phone call on my voice mail from Marco asking whether it had arrived yet! Wonderful service...

No, not received yet, but Australian customs just LOVE opening my boxes and having a play with them for a week...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
No, not received yet, but Australian customs just LOVE opening my boxes and having a play with them for a week...

You should ask to have your games packed in Monopoly boxes. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine must be hung up in customs as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco...got my game today. Here's my one-word review...WOW!!!!!! This is one GORGEOUS game! Best production values of any game I've seen in quite awhile.

Well done, Sir!!! Thanks so much for the great customer service! Looking forward to the expansions already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's July 3 and I haven't received the game or any calls.

That is not a problem as long as the game is ultimately on its way...

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LHIM wrote:
It's July 3 and I haven't received the game or any calls.

That is not a problem as long as the game is ultimately on its way...

Jim

I received a call around the last week of May from Marco saying my copy would be shipping soon. Have sent a couple of emails since then requesting shipping info but have not received a response. Any info on shipping status would be appreciated.

Waiting patiently,
Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have tried emailing Marco concerning my preorder for October and haven't heard anything from him for almost a week now. Hopefully, everything is ok with him. Maybe he is on vacation or something. I'm really looking forward to this game.

I only wish there was a way to check the status of your order on his web page. It would make things alot easier for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't received any e-mails or phone calls regarding my order, but I figure it'll get here when it gets here. It looks like it'll be worth the wait, and I have plenty of games to keep me occupied in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Bing
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
Hello Timber Tom followers (and people waiting for games)

Sorry not to have replied sooner to any emails regarding purchases that still need to be delivered.

I have just come back from China on Sunday and if you are aware of how the internet works in this country I had absolutely no access to my work email account. I have just got back into the office yesterday (Lyon, France) and have started on the second batch of games to go out.

There are only 12 games left in this last batch to leave for the states so if you're someone who hasn't yet received a game please be reassured that it's not too far away.

I will contact buyers by email with the shipping number as they leave this week.

Once again, so sorry for the delays. This is part and parcel of being a one-man-show so I'm ready to take the flak for the late deliveries, but please be happy to know that I'm checking personally every game that goes out, and if ever you need to ask any questions you know where to find me ;-)

Cheers for now
Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco, Thanks for the update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.