United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb

Yesterday my son turned the big 13. We gathered 9 of his best friends and took them to a "high ropes" course where they spent about 3 hours up in the trees dangling from cables, crossing logs, jumping between platforms, and pushing their limits of comfort. My son has done this course before in the summer so has no fear at all and really helped his friends when the going got tough. The had a blast. After an overnighter with smores, cake at midnight, Wii, 5 pizzas, a truck load of snacks, and fun they're exhausted.

And, as usual, my anniversary takes a back seat to my son's birthday. Being on the same day he kind of gets the glory. But...we've made it 23 years so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Potato
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always liked those team-building courses. I once did one where it was only possible to succeed with cooperation from 2-3 other people. Puzzles included the likes of "get the entire team across this large gap using only this short plank," etc. Good times.

Congrats on the 23 years! Here's to the next 23! [swigs a beer]

My wife and I make 5 on the 5th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all fantastic!! In spite of the cliche, these are the days of our lives! Rejoice!!

For you I do a Happy Frog Dance!

Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought this was going to be a forum on why ten year olds shouldnt be parents. "Yes Im 23, my son? He's 13"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Congrats Matthew and Mrs. Marquand!

Oh, and happy birthday to your son, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations mate. And AWESOME party idea. That's one heck of a nice course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations on 23 years of marriage!!

Whew!!

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a couple more of my favorite shots of the ropes course:

Above my son it free jumping towards me.

Above my son is doing the "Commando Crawl". Basically the platforms are connected by a single big rope and you have to get from one to the other. When I did it I hung underneath and pulled myself along but yikes did I get some bad rope burns on the backs of my ankles.

A nice shot of one of my son's friends doing the free jump.

My son cheesing it up while one of his friends gets ready for riding the "Captain's Chair".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That rope course looks awesome! Way better than those fake-y indoor rock climbing "mountains". That looks like a very fun way to spend a birthday!

Congratulations on your 23rd anniversary too. Only a couple more years and you'll "catch up" to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Congrats! It's the same way with me. My birthday falls on the same day as my parent's wedding anniversary. It makes it very easy for me to remember!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Doo-doo doo-doo, doot doo doo doo-doo-doo,
Doo-doo-doo-doo DOOT DOO DOO!
Doot doon. Doo-doo-doo-doo doo doo doo
Doot. Doot. Doo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:
And, as usual, my anniversary takes a back seat to my son's birthday. Being on the same day he kind of gets the glory. But...we've made it 23 years so far.

You know what the solution is. Pull a Homer Simpson: get divorced just to get remarried (and do it on a different day). (Granted, he did it for a different reason, though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
matthew.marquand wrote:

You know what the solution is. Pull a Homer Simpson: get divorced just to get remarried (and do it on a different day). (Granted, he did it for a different reason, though).

This is the first time I hear "Pull a Homer Simpson" be a reference to "good" ideas....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I never said it was a GOOD idea Just that it was the solution to the same-day problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendy Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations on 23 years! That ropes course looks great too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.