BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Sharing Games Played Records rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: 2009 [+] LogPlaysForOthers [+] [View All]
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some discussion of this in the New Users forum, but I can't find a thread about it here.

One of the main things I use this site for is keeping a record of the games I've played, and some of the people I play with do this too. So it would be really helpful if we could share the records in some way, rather than forcing each person to enter everything individually.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to give certain GeekBuddies the ability to enter played games for me, such that any records they made that listed me as a player would show up in my Games Played as well. This would be only for the initial entry, not for subsequent edits, so we could all write our own comments.

Alternatively, or maybe in addition, it would be nice if there were a quick method to copy the full record of a game in which we're listed as a player into our own Games Played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moellering
United States
Rochester Hills
Mi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.
I was just talking about this with my geek friend the other day.

we both enter in the same information about our game plays. It would be nice for one of us to put in the info, and then send a "connection request" (or something) to share the info. then you would have the option of accepting and add it as a game play for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob N
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
dmmoelle wrote:
I agree.
we both enter in the same information about our game plays. It would be nice for one of us to put in the info, and then send a "connection request" (or something) to share the info. then you would have the option of accepting and add it as a game play for yourself.

I think sending a request isn't necessary since it would fill up your inbox pretty quick if you play a lot.
I doubt there are many geekbuddies trying to sabotage/spam their friends Played stats.
If a geekbuddy said they played a game with you it should automatically show up and then afterwards you always have the option to delete/edit the record from your own Plays. If a geekbuddy is actually spamming you with Plays I think it would it would go against the website rules and they should get booted or blocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I'd even be happy with a "Me, too" button when you viewed another geek's played games.

I often look back at another geek's games played to remember what I played at a gaming event, and would love to be able to add the games I was in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jinxon
England
Quite Insane
flag msg tools
badge
Stop lurking on BGG and do something
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I found this cos it saves me making a similar post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.