flag msg tools
Date: Sunday, June 14, 2009
Time: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Street: 075 Clairton Rd. #940
Phone: 4126558661
Email: ndccentury3@verizon.net
Host: Josh Waychoff
Host email: jdw159@gmail.com

I’m starting a board game group at our local comic book shop New Dimension Comics in Century 3 mall. They conveniently have a very good selection of board games to help grow the clubs collection over time. The plan is to have this be a weekly event on Sunday from 1pm to 5pm.

If any of you have suggestions on what games a new group should play it would be greatly appreciated.

As EuroGames go I only have settlers of Catan ( 5-6 player expansion and traders and barbarians expansion ). The comic book shop has open box of World of War Craft the adventure game ( that I have never played ). I will be bringing some lighter stuff as well but I don’t want to see anything like monopoly played unless there is a huge calling for it.

If by chance any of you are close and are able to show up please say something here or email me at jdw159@gmail.com.

thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Sundays are a hard sell in Pittsburgh, good luck. They never work for me.

I believe there was also something for boardgames in Oakland's Phantoms of the Attic store at that same time. I don't know if it is still going on. If you can't get things going, at least it is another place for you to look on a Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Waychoff
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I called the Phantoms of the Attic in Oakland and they have people that play games on Saturday but its not designated as a time for board games.

The manager of the New Dimension Comics suggested Sunday so I just agreed but what day would you suggest Andrew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the wrong guy to ask for better suggestions than I already gave. I host games in my home to avoid these sort of hurdles. Sorry that it took me a couple of days to get back to you.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anony Mous
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Redbeardin84 wrote:
I believe there was also something for boardgames in Oakland's Phantoms of the Attic store at that same time. I don't know if it is still going on.

When Phantom switched to the new, much smaller, store, they decided they wanted to cater to miniature gamers on Sundays instead, so they no longer host a board game day.

I guess they weren't making any money off the board gamers, and followed the money trail.

Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How dare you, Sir! You should be watching the Steelers on Sundays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's always GASP.
http://www.gaspgamer.com/news/news.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anony Mous
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's also a board game group at CMU on Saturdays from about 1pm-10pm (or whenever they decide to quite, they've stayed as late at 1am)

If you want more info about them, email me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.