Kenneth Ellis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Historicon is to be held this year at the Lancaster Host Resort, in Lancaster, PA, July 16th-19th. Birds of Prey will be on the docket, as well as Fighting Wings. Previously, we had announced on the BoP/Air Power lists that there would be two Birds of Prey events. With my sincere thanks to Leland Tankersley, we are now able to stand up with three events:

1. Thursday, July 16th, 1:00 PM. Birds of Prey Demo: "Operation Bolo".

"New players- come try your hand at Birds of Prey for the first time! Experienced players, it's time to light the fires. Fly on the wing of the legendary Robin Olds, or stand with the NVAF in this massive 8v8 engagement styled after the events of January 2nd, 1967."
(This is an open-sized event. The program listing is marked at a cap of 24, however, space can be made for more, and we'd definitely like to see it full!)

2. Friday, July 17th, 9:00 AM. Birds of Prey Round 1: "Long Live the 'Who'".

"Hone your ACM skills 1v1 in the brutal slow-fight! Guns-only DACT- the 'knife fight in a phone booth'!"
(We've reserved plenty of table space for this one. If you're the kind of player that likes to get inside your opponent's head, this is the hassling session for you!)

3. Saturday, July 18th, 5:00 PM. Birds of Prey Round 2: "Red versus Blue".

"More airplanes mean more short opportunities -- both ways! Be sure to keep your head on a swivel and watch your wingmen in this 4v4 air combat action!"
(The BIG tournament fight. The basic setup may carry over from Origins, there will be a few kinks added in to make it fresh, least of which will be the airframes you'll have access to!)

Please note that these events are not currently listed in the Historicon PEL; don't worry- the games are confirmed, and will be in the events listing on site. And if they're not, I'll rent a hotel room on the property for the weekend to do tournament events there!

This is shaping up to be a good event: we've got your air combat, we've got your minis fix, and we've got JD Webster, live and in person. You can't ask for much more for a gaming weekend than that. I'm working on prize support, such as is provided for the tournament placings at Origins. And remember, if you screw the pooch in BoP, you can always (try to) redeem your ego with Fighting Wings!

I hope to see you there, and if you think you'll be in attendence, drop me a line.

*Origins update*

Phil and Tony have three events on the Origins schedule, and I'm here to announce a fourth, having been asked to run a second Birds of Prey demo session. The demo will not be in the Origins book; however, it will take place at the Ad Astra tables (normally a couple rows down from the BoP tables) on Saturday, June 27th from 11AM to 3PM. So if you feel like a pick-up game on Saturday morning, want to practice for Round 2, or if you have other events conflicting with the BoP tournament schedule but still need to get your air combat gaming fix for the convention, be sure to stop by!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you be at WBC this year by any chance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Ellis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the WBC, also in Lancaster. I'm coming down from MA for Historicon, and two conventions in two months is all my limited budget can manage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to make it to Historicon, which is at a better time than WBC work-wise anyway. I'd really like to see this game in action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Ellis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING UPDATE:

Round 1 will begin on Friday at 10AM.
Round 2 will begin on Saturday at 6PM.

Please expect both to run their 6 hour course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.