Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henning Afzelius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A few notes about houserules we play with:
General we play with RAW7, but do notice:
We don’t play with partisans nor with most citybased Ge units (we found that those units was mostly used to counter partisans and general took some time to position).
No pilots (we used a lot of time to optimise airunits).
No advance build (again players could use a lot of time to think over this and it general helped the side with a slight upperhand).
No random unit build (again we used a lot of time thinking about scrap and some naval units was very hard to get to).

This is the 16 game we play and if any has questions or comments please do

1941 M/J cont.

Axis impuls Great weather.
Ge makes one high odds attack and one low odd in USSR (again Ge roll bad on the high odd att and great on the low odd cry )and moves around in the west and south. It finds a lone CW BB in Italy coas and sinks it soblue .
Ja moves more units into the Pac map vs CW.
TURN ENDS ON A 1 cry cry cry

Axis build mostly inf and ftr units leaving 3-6 turns units in the forcepool inc. HQ-A from 1941.

USSR rails factories away in good order and damage is around the same as production.

1941 J/A

Allied init great weather

CW sails around the world. USSR moves reinforcement to the mainline.

Axis impuls

In a total copy of the first attack Ge made in M/J the first Ge high odds attack in USSR rolls off with a 1 laugh . Making the USSR line look great running from Leningrad , Smolensk. Gomel,Kursk, Krakow, Stalino.
A few axis airunits leave France and Italy flying to USSR, leaving France wide open to CW landings surprise devil

It sub sail aginst CW conv line and sinks 4 conv soblue for the cost of 1 dam sub.
Ja moves around in China and the Pac map

Allied impuls

USSR moves into position and awaits the Ge storm of attacks.
CW lands north of the beachhead in France (got 9 hexes in France now)and moves in USSR to cover more of the front in the north.

Axis impuls
Ja takes a land and attacks in China leaving no sign of an attack on CW and no more units or actions is used vs CW. In a 2-1 +2 Chung-king is taken soblue cry surprise

Ge breaks the USSR line between Gomel and Kursk in a low odds attack roling 10 and killing 3 USSR airunits along the way surprise .
Ge impuls is no completed this game session
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Henninga wrote:

A few notes about houserules we play with:

House rules and optional rules are always a big topic of discussion!

Henninga wrote:

General we play with RAW7, but do notice:
We don’t play with partisans nor with most citybased Ge units (we found that those units was mostly used to counter partisans and general took some time to position).

Interesting combination of rules NOT to use!

Henninga wrote:

No pilots (we used a lot of time to optimise airunits).

Quite a few people I know of don't use pilots.

Henninga wrote:

No advance build (again players could use a lot of time to think over this and it general helped the side with a slight upperhand).

I am not a fan of advance building either.

Henninga wrote:
No random unit build (again we used a lot of time thinking about scrap and some naval units was very hard to get to).

This is the most "out there" house rule you are using. Is this true for ALL units? So you can pick the great Japanese zero FTR for example, and skip the crappy 4 air-to-air/5 range guys when building? Or do you mean you only allow to select the specific unit for NAVAL builds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Afzelius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we pick the unit, so if Ja player wants to build the zero, he can just take that (no chance of drawing all the crap ftr !)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Henninga wrote:
we pick the unit, so if Ja player wants to build the zero, he can just take that (no chance of drawing all the crap ftr !)

In my opinion, each of the optionals you have chosen to use, with the possible exception of no advance building, helps the Axis. In particular, not needing to deal with partisans and not having to buy pilots, helps the Germans. Getting to choose your units is a massive help to Italy and Japan, with a bit less help for the USSR. Advance building is usually used by the Germans and the US to win the air war by getting an incremental advantage over the other side. Early on, the Germans can overwhelm the CW. Later, the US can do the same to the Germans, depending upon build points. I would bet that the Axis would win more than they lose with these rules, all other things being equal. Is that your experience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Afzelius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

First it is not rules we have played with in all the games, but the games has seen a serie of allied victory where the axis has given up in 1941-1943 making us trying to make the game faster (removing some units) and more fun for the It (having we not all try to build the most hopeless airunits with It in the hope of drawing some of there good airunits ?)and Ja player, has let us to try this combination. I think it is true that It and Ja gets a lot by these changes but it is a great help for the CW player that you know that unit you build as much of the CW forces come from the Ind and Aus areal.
It should be said that this is the first game with off points and no off chits!

I am looking forward to see the game we are playing now as how it will unfold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.