Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glyn Hooper
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does spain still get one card or none if it fails its reserve card die roll? I've looked for answers and wording on the card does not seem that obvious to me.
thanx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's how it works:

Spain rolls a die, and if successful then draws two cards, one of which must be played immediately. If Spain's roll fails (and it automatically fails if enemy forces = 6 or greater) then Spain draws a card which it may play or keep for later.

Limitations:

On Game Turn One (1805-1806), the event is not playable, so this reserve is simply worth 5CPs.

Strategy:

Suppose (after Game Turn One), that I control Spain by pact and realize that it will be impossible to reduce enemy forces below 6. I still always have the option to play the Spanish Reserve for 5CPs or to play it to draw one card for Spain. Note that, in 2nd Edition TNW, all minor nations' reserves now have the ability to draw a single card (with some elaboration for Spain and Ottoman Turks).

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
And don't forget, flags count one each.

For example, if nothing has changed on the Peninsula, the die roll will have to be Greater Than 3, assuming Britain is still at War with Spain.

And yes, fail the roll, get a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glyn Hooper
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankyou gentlemen....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al h
msg tools
Why greater than 3?, troops in gibralter, lisbon, =2 flags for gibralter lisbon and oporto =3 2+3 = 5.
On turn 2 or later (assuming all stayed the same) you would need to roll a 6 would you not?

Cheers
A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.