Subject: Special ability: Visionary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gergely Orsó
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is a new ability I've been pondering on:

" Visionary(5) when you decline this race, you can exchange one special ability of any race with another on the list of the selectable 5 races." (to clarify: both races must be on the list)

Basicly with this power, you could set up the next race for yourself, or destroy some overpowered combinations. The idea is that this race can see the future, and make plans accordingly.

The original idea was that they had to do something with genetic engineering, but that wouldn't fit the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Pserious
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!
badge
I dislike the Canadiens. (The hockey team, that is, not people from Canada in general.)
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this idea, although I'd drop the power to 4 -- sure, you're not gaining anything while the race is active, but more than likely you're setting yourself up for a killer combo with your next active race.

Cheers,
PP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojo shivers
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Any" might be a little strong. After playtesting to see if it is overpowered, you could dial it back some by just being able to swap the next power or the next power down from the race you're looking at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Simcoe (Norfolk)
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
PseudoPserious wrote:
I like this idea, although I'd drop the power to 4 -- sure, you're not gaining anything while the race is active, but more than likely you're setting yourself up for a killer combo with your next active race.

Cheers,
PP

You also are probably screwing over another player's plans, as playing for your next race is usually an important factor in the game. It'd make going into decline a very risky proposition in many cases.

Having said this, because you make the switch when you go into decline, it means that players who declined before you could snatch up the combo you just made. (Stout races could do the same.)

I dunno... neat idea, but it'd need some serious testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Pserious
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!
badge
I dislike the Canadiens. (The hockey team, that is, not people from Canada in general.)
mbmbmbmbmb
Sobriquet wrote:

Having said this, because you make the switch when you go into decline, it means that players who declined before you could snatch up the combo you just made. (Stout races could do the same.)

Obviously, the uber-ness of the combo you make should be directly proportional to the chance you'll be the beneficiary.

PP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.