Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this variant in both multiplayer and my solo play games and it works very well, both in function and thematicly. With this variant Craven assembles the characters to the MU for a reason besides giving them all thier cards back - he can help them kill a shadow or help them heal as well. Both very useful and why shouldn't he? This is so natural feeling that it seems like they actually missed this opportunity when play-testing the game.

When Craven brings everyone back to the MU, everyone is allowed to use his talents right when you are taken there. Technically this should not happen because it is out of turn order, but I think it is fair as more often than not, drawing his card screws up my plans more than it helps me. I mean often I was just at the MU and have all my cards so he intrupts my plans for nothing otherwise. Maybe if you didn't have to draw an additonal creature card after drawing his card, but seeing you still do I'd rather NOT have his help. And depending on the circumstances it is possible I'd rather have the Necron card come up than the craven card, which is just silly. Allowing people to use his healing x2 function or knife function to kill a shadow at the MU makes the card an actual worthy trade off for him blowing your in-progres plans.

So everytime I play, weather solo or with others, I use the information sharing variant and this more helpful Craven variant and they work well together and do not unbalance the game at all.

At least that is what I find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's meant to have that double-edged sword. Especially in the end-game, when you think you have things all sewn up, if you draw that card, it means that no player can spend that turn sealing the final gate. It keeps the excitement going through the very end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.